Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Making it difficult just to buy tickets for a game on Friday is pretty on brand for a sport that few people still care about.

And it's still profitable because it's a live sport and tv can still make money from broadcasting it. 

For now, anyway. 

MDS

i wouldnt say its difficult, they just dont have their ducks in a row yet. and it has nothing to do with the sport, ticketing is handled by the team. for example the yankees have single gamers up. i can assure you, if you to go to that game, youll be able to.

but this is the internet so complain away my brother
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

One year deal for Jeurys Familia

Don Ho

Speaking of no interest in baseball, Familia  :puke
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Signing Herrera would be exactly what anyone who's followed that team for as long as we have should expect.

We deserve it at this point. 

MDS

ranger suarez visa issues, wheeler "healthy" but hasnt thrown yet

say hello to an early rotation of nola, gibson...matt beech? carlton loewer? nelson figueroa?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

It'll prob be some four inning schmuck who the Moneyball brainiacs say has a great super secret excel spreadsheet measurable.

MDS

im pretty convinced you dont watch baseball...would you like to see a replacement level starter like dylan bundy pitch into the 7th inning

PhillyPhreak54

Incorrect!

Always have and likely always will. I can't quit it. Even with MLB trying to shtein on it and the Phillies never winning again

MDS

lmk which one of these pitchers you would like to see go beyond 4 innings, or even 1 inning

QuoteBailey Falter, Hans Crouse, Cristopher Sánchez, Nick Nelson, Francisco Morales, James McArthur and Scott Moss.

Don Ho

God dam I hate this organizaton, Love the Bums, despise the organization BUT I will be right there opening day. 

Thank God for all of you as my wife, son, neighbors, dogs sick of my bellyaching and 3 year old tantrums coming form my office April through late August.

Good news is my sister in law just got a job on Kauai at Koloa Rum.  She is visiting this weekend and brought several sample cases.  Will need that shtein come mid-May.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on March 13, 2022, 03:52:36 PM
lmk which one of these pitchers you would like to see go beyond 4 innings, or even 1 inning

QuoteBailey Falter, Hans Crouse, Cristopher Sánchez, Nick Nelson, Francisco Morales, James McArthur and Scott Moss.

How about they sign someone?

MDS

so they have 5 starters already set. its a pretty tough sell for an established starter to come here to be insurance. your options are a matt moore/chase anderson type that would accept a swing man role (those guys, ehh, tend to suck) or THE LIST. which is why rotation insurance needs to come internally.

the phillies internal options are, well, pitiful. this is going to be an issue. their 5 starters are pretty good all in all, but they are all not making 30+ starts.

falter im guessing theyre building up to be the 6th starter. they signed hand to be the 2nd lefty out the pen so id reckon he will be stretched out to cover innings and probably begin the year in the rotation with 3 other dudes having issues

QB Eagles

Shocking that a franchise that has developed essentially no one in 20 years would be going into the season with some holes in the rotation.