Question

Started by Zanshin, August 10, 2007, 02:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

in my prelim board, i put joe addai at #3 because of gore's hand injury (which may be a non-issue by sept) and lj's overuse last year and good chance of breaking down this year. i could be wrong, i could change it, but then again, i always dominate fantasy leagues so what do i know?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on August 10, 2007, 02:46:15 PM
RJS will be along shortly i'm sure, his nerd antenna has surely picked this up by now. 

Took me a little while, but my answer is trade back if you can and if you can't, shtein I don't know. Third pick this year is tough. LJ is holding out. Bad. He broke a record for carries last year. Bad. But he's still an outstanding runner. Gore is a permanent injury risk and Alexander is a big question mark. I would try to trade back but if you can't best of luck.

Also, MDS is right, Addai is basically guaranteed to be given the best opportunity to succeed of the young running backs. But again, he's more or less an unknown.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

I'd take Alexander. I wouldn't overreact to the LJ news though. He or Addai should still be running back #4.

MDS

Given Addai's production last year and the fact that he's not splitting carries anymore with Rhodes, he should be pretty dominate. But obviously apprehensions are there considering he has never been a feature back before, and Indy will have a target on their backs this year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Trade down.

If you don't make a deal to trade down, Addai is the pick over Gore.  I'd consider Rudi Johnson but probably settle on Addai.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on August 10, 2007, 05:41:16 PMBut obviously apprehensions are there considering he has never been a feature back before, and Indy will have a target on their backs this year.

There's also some new question marks about their defense, which could mean less garbage time running and more Manning bombing.

Zanshin

I had a trade to get out of the spot, but it was vetoed heavily by the rest of the crew.  So, I stuck at three and took Alexander.  Meh.  Food and poker after the draft were awesome, though...

Diomedes

What was the trade?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

My first pick (third overall) and 7th rounder for his first (12th overall) and 3rd rounder (last pick in 3rd rd).

Diomedes

Seems fair enough to me...what a bunch of scrunched up iceholes you play with.  Gotta be laissez-faire with trades, unless they're totally outrageous and that's certainly not outrageous.

Zanshin

It was lame.  I have a tendency to win every year, so if I propose something other owners tend to think that it would benefit me even in some hidden way, and are therefore disinclined to pass it through.  And since I'm the commish, I can't go to myself to arbitrate.

Rome

Why the farg would they veto that trade?

If anything you might have been getting the short end of the stick on that deal, Z. 

rjs246

I agree with Rome. It's a fair trade but if anything you were the one getting the shaft.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

I know it doesn't mean much without the rules, but in a 12-team league, I ended up with:

Shaun Alexander
Thomas Jones
Marshawn Lynch
Anquan Boldin
Jamal Lewis
Matt Hasselbeck
Santana Moss
Greg Jennings
Jason Witten
Kevin Curtis
JP Losman
DJ Hackett
Dallas D
Ray Lewis
Ruben Droehns
Adaliaus Thomas
David Akers
Mike Anderson
Michael Bennett

I'll have to move some things around before the season starts, but that's where it stands at this point.

SunMo

you're probably a little light at wideout, but otherwise that's a solid team
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.