2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

what an ace cole is. phils get him 2 and he gives 1 back with 2 outs. Hoyda.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 18, 2008, 07:32:15 PM
I'm glad the Brewers lost for obvious reasons but listening to Ron Santo acting like a high school cheerleader on XM is about as painful as it gets.  He's the worst homer I've ever heard.  I mean EVER.

Yeah, he's not an analyst, he's a cheerleader.  Makes Spadaro look like a negadelphian.

SD_Eagle5

I'm glad the Brewers lost for obvious reasons but listening to Ron Santo acting like a high school cheerleader on XM is about as painful as it gets.  He's the worst homer I've ever heard.  I mean EVER.

Worst homer I ever heard was former Houston Rockets t.v. announcer Calvin Murphy. He was ridiculous to the point that I used to wish bad things would happen to him. He had this taunting in your face laugh that made me throw shtein at the screen. Imagine the vindication I felt when he was accused of molesting his 5 daughters. Not to mention it came out in court he has 14 children with 9 different women. Who's laughing now bitch.

MDS

so burrell wakes up and hits a homer and the "ace" lumbers through 6 innings again. way to be an ace, Hoyda.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 18, 2008, 08:31:59 PM

Worst homer I ever heard was former Houston Rockets t.v. announcer Calvin Murphy. He was ridiculous to the point that I used to wish bad things would happen to him. He had this taunting in your face laugh that made me throw shtein at the screen. Imagine the vindication I felt when he was accused of molesting his 5 daughters. Not to mention it came out in court he has 14 children with 9 different women. Who's laughing now bitch.

and he was one helluva baton twirler ;)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 18, 2008, 09:01:05 PM
so burrell wakes up and hits a homer and the "ace" lumbers through 6 innings again. way to be an ace, Hoyda.

I think he picked the wrong time to get dead arm.  His stuff just doesn't have the normal bite.

Phils flat out gave Atlanta a run back.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 18, 2008, 09:01:05 PM

just had that conversation with don jr. on the way home from school when we got the updated score at 2-2 in ths sixth.  my son said "hammels is so overrated for being the ace of the staff".  proud of my boy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

dead arm is a lame excuse. the guy wants to get paid like an ace, he gets paid for going 8 innings in late september. farging Hoyda gets his vagina all sandy in these games and always gives them an average start.

Don Ho

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 18, 2008, 09:26:51 PM
dead arm is a lame excuse. the guy wants to get paid like an ace, he gets paid for going 8 innings in late september. farging Hoyda gets his vagina all sandy in these games and always gives them an average start.

And I think that he managed to gut out 6IP, 2 ER, without his best stuff and left the Phils with a 4-2 lead.

Take some midol, stick in a tampon and stop bitching.  It's just not warranted tonight.

MDS

hes supposed to have his best stuff now. the fact that he doesnt says all you need to know about so cal surfer douches who call themselves aces.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 18, 2008, 09:41:00 PM
hes supposed to have his best stuff now. the fact that he doesnt says all you need to know about so cal surfer douches who call themselves aces.

Don Ho

Don Ho

uuhhh uuuhhhh uhhhh uhhh uhhhh uhhhhh tomahawk chop.  please STFU!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 18, 2008, 09:41:00 PM

And yet his ERA for both August (2.61) and September (2.89) is below his season average (3.11).  With a modcum of run support, he'd have 7 or 8 wins in the two months instead of 4 (hopefully 5 at the end of tonight).

The one troubling sign is that he's become more hittable in September.  His pitches are up and his stuff isn't as nasty.  And yet he's managed to gut his way through games and keep the Phils in it (except the Mets game).

He's at 220 innings with tonight's game, which is 40 over the last two years, and probably light years beyond what he's pitched in the minors.

EDIT:  Brad Lidge shuts the door - Hamels now 3-1 in September.  What a Hoyda.