2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Sweet. Do you try to persuade them to expand the Jewish food part of the menu?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Bottom of the first, Victorino on 3rd with 1 out. #3 and #4 hitters up to bat.
Nothing.

Hah.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on July 25, 2008, 07:20:48 PM
Nothing.

Hah.

That's become the modus operandi for this team.

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 25, 2008, 07:21:26 PM
Quote from: Munson on July 25, 2008, 07:20:48 PM
Nothing.

Hah.

That's become the modus operandi for this team.

Pretty much.
It's sad how expected that is anymore.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

and now they're losing with the Mets winning.  yay 3rd place

MDS

yankees get nady and marte package. so...there goes that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Boos came out after Utley's last strikeout.  Unfortunately, well deserved.  He's been miserable.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhanInDC

This team is completely lost. Wheels was talking about the six shutouts this season, and I think they said four of them have come at home in the bandbox. They've got to shake this up before the end of the month. zesty farging thing is, I've got GREAT farging tickets for next week at the 'Nats new park, I've been waiting all season to see them and King pitch. The way they are playing now, King will allow less then five hits, and they'll farging blow it for him.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Geowhizzer

Some have been talking third place.  If the Braves win, they're only 4½ behind the Phils.  Fourth place is a real possibility if they don't pull out of this soon.

PhillyPhanInDC

Lidge's first homer given up is a GS. 6-0 top of the ninth. Christ.

Judging by their reactions, the Braves smell the blood in the water. It's totally conceivable that by Monday, they could be "battling" for third.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MDS

Don Ho

i'm not going to say it, not going to, no, nope.  but, i will start thinking about it "season. done."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

This team has got to blow this thing up. If they don't, next year won't be any different. Rebuild and in a few years maybe we can contend while Utley and Howard are still at a good age.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.