The religion thread.

Started by Diomedes, January 18, 2009, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ATV

I love Jesus.

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for valuable cash prizes.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 18, 2009, 09:16:31 PM
God hates the Eagles.

That's because they're owned by a Jew & run by a Mormon.

DOUBLE FAIL.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mormons worship God, but I think they also worship that Joe guy.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 25, 2009, 05:47:51 PM
Mormons worship God, but I think they also worship that Joe guy.

Banner?

Yeah well who doesn't?

rjs246

Religion is fascinating in theory. As something to study, it is the height of intellectual pursuit. Its possibilities endless.

In the real world it's simultaneously boring and infuriating.

Similar to politics, actually.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on January 25, 2009, 09:56:35 PMAs something to study, it is the height of intellectual pursuit.

No.  Mathematics, Physics, Biology, I can think of a host of things that surpass religion.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Phanatic

From a psychological study on its effects on people and what it aims to accomplish I think it is all those things but that is more from the outside looking in.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on January 25, 2009, 10:04:26 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 25, 2009, 09:56:35 PMAs something to study, it is the height of intellectual pursuit.

No.  Mathematics, Physics, Biology, I can think of a host of things that surpass religion.

Yeah, there's no way I could possibly disagree with this more. These things are all finite. Religion offers the possiblity of the infinite. It's no comparison.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

It's no more lofty than philosophy, and that's only good for a couple years before you move on to grown up subjects.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Philosophy is essentially religion, without the mystical voodoo hocus pocus. More courage and faith is required for religion. Philosophy is for people who think they're too smart for religion and are actually too dumb to see that they are essentially the same thing.

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: rjs246 on January 25, 2009, 10:31:21 PM
Philosophy is essentially religion, without the mystical voodoo hocus pocus. More courage and faith is required for religion. Philosophy is for people who think they're too smart for religion and are actually too dumb to see that they are essentially the same thing.

mind blown
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Diomedes

More courage?  Ha.

They both amount to mental masturbation if you keep at them longer than a couple years in your youth.  Nothing terribly high brow about spending decades diddling yourself with books about god worship or the nature of being.

ice grillin you

religion is intellectual?

thats funniest thing ive ever heard

religion is no more intellectual than reading a harry potter book

the only difference is its taken more seriously...where as potter is seen as pure entertainment
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous