TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i farging love zoe kazan and ill give it a shot but the idea of that show does absolutely nothing for me....hes supposed to be doing some mlk thing that sounded much more interesting to me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

david simon made the wire for you, show the man some respect and watch his next kind of ok show
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

his shows by and large are very underwhelming...I think wire and treme are the only ones I've been able to finish not counting the mini series he did

MDS

show me a hero was legit great. i will ride for that.

everything else has been meh. his problem is he creates these worlds where there are 10000 characters and so many different things going on that you cant remember anyone or be bothered to care about anything. like the deuce had 2 characters you cared about and then 45 minutes of other things. not ideal.

this being a miniseries with source material it should be super focused and ill wager its great.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

One episode into The Outsider. So far not bad.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 08, 2020, 06:32:54 PM

its still great in episode 6.....but im waiting for it to turn into IT

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2020, 09:31:30 AM
Quote from: AO1 on February 08, 2020, 06:32:54 PM

its still great in episode 6.....but im waiting for it to turn into IT

When did 6 drop? Watched first 5 last night and you're 100% spot on with on IT

ice grillin you

i guess its 5...i thought it was 6

ive seen the same youve seen

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 09, 2020, 10:40:22 AM
i guess its 5...i thought it was 6

ive seen the same youve seen

Tear Drinker was 5. My only gripe with the show is they show a scene which has nothing to do with what's happening then revisit later in the episode the scenes purpose. I don't mind that type of cinematography but when it's overused it gets confusing. Was about to comment aside from his popular movies I haven't seen much King adaptations but holy shtein I'm wrong...didn't know half of these were based off his work
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adaptations_of_works_by_Stephen_King

ice grillin you

totally agree with your first take....theres things where im like why did that just happen

i love the mystery aspect of it all tho

Rome

Epix has a new series based on War Of The Worlds.   Saw the premiere episode this morning.  Not bad at all.  I'm a Gabriel Byrne fan and he's the big name in it.  Good acting, suspenseful, etc. 

I'll give it a go. 

SD

Narcos Mexico season 2 - on par with the other Narcos seasons. Series always lives up to expectations

The Pharmacist - quick 4 episode series about pill mills. Not bad

The Clone Wars cartoon - watched an episode here and there but it's a cartoon so never invested time into the series. Watched from start to finish in prep for the final season and aside from the OT it's the best SW series out there. This is the actual story of Anakin turning into Vader you don't get with the prequels

Star Wars Rebels - not as good as clone wars but a solid series. Vader and Maul make appearances and the show wraps up some storylines

You season 2 - was out after the first one but decided to give season 2 a try. Was into it for a bit but it gets messy at the end and falls apart

Don Ho

Great Frontline tonight about Amazon.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

We started watching Turn after knowing we would enjoy it for years and telling ourselves to watch it when it was actually on TV.

We're through Season 1 and it's very good. Just now realizing the main character is played by the same guy that played Billy Elliot.

Karl Fookin' Tanner as Major Hewlett is funny too
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds