Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

this lineup could be pretty interesting especially when they add machado
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Hoskins doing business again. 

Incredible. 

ice grillin you

reece coming up live on sportscenter in a few minutes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Stop it, Rhys Hoskins

Can it really be this easy? Rhys Hoskins homered again on Sunday, extending his home-run streak to five games, in Philadelphia's 6–3 win over the Cubs. That tied not only the longest such streak in Phillies history, it matched the longest home-run streaks by a rookie in major-league history.

The Phillies record was set by Dick Allen in 1969, and previously tied by Mike Schmidt (1979), Bobby Abreu (2005), and Chase Utley (twice during the 2008 season). The MLB rookie record was set by Rudy York in 1937. Hoskins was the sixth player to tie York's mark, including two active players: Caleb Joseph (2014) and Joc Pederson (2015).

So is there anything Hoskins can't do? Of course ... let's see him try to start a triple play. From the outfield. Oh wait, he did that on Sunday too. Hoskins was the first rookie outfielder to participate in a triple play since 1992, when Kenny Lofton did it.

QB Eagles

11 homers versus 8 hits that aren't homers. Obviously the wheels will come off this, but it's farging bizarre.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 24, 2017, 04:12:06 PM
come up with a cool nickname for him some funny costumes and form a stadium fan club like the padilla flotilla

Keep hearing "Rhys Lightning"

Horrible

ice grillin you

lol...i cant tell if that horrible or if its so horrible its good

Rome

I know good puns.  Good puns are a friend of mine.  That's not a good pun. 

Geowhizzer

Since when did Adam Morgan start doing impressions of a major league pitcher?

MDS

since he moved to the bullpen and changed his mechanics
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

QuoteHoskins fails to homer, but does produce his 25th RBI

Rhys Hoskins failed to extend his home run streak, but he did drive in a run, his 25th RBI in just his 19th career game, in a 2-for-4 performance in Philadelphia's 6-1 win over the Braves on Monday. Those are the second-fewest games needed to reach 25 RBIs among players who made their major-league debut since RBIs became an official statistic in 1920, behind Mandy Brooks (17 games).

Rome

MDS

cant knock in runs unless people are on base....cant score runs unless people knock you in

but but but

Rome

Home runs don't count as runs because they're the product of luck. 

- Seam head logic. 

MDS

actually seamheads love homers

but i guess those 14 rbis and 7 runs hoskins scored without the aid of his own homer were....homerific?