2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Still a steady rain.  Hamels wild - and wild high.  Could be a long game.

Best part so far was the drunk marine yelling at two kids to shut the farg up throughout tha national anthem - and then screaming "Boo-yah" at the end.

Well, besides the wet t-shirts, that is.

Munson

If Stanton stays healthy and has a long career, is there any doubt he can beat the home run record? Good god.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 02, 2011, 01:33:50 PM
So this weekend is the Phils' last visit to the empty square stadium where the Dolphins play, and other than Halladay's perfect game and that 10-run 9th six years ago, it's pretty much sucked there.  Barajas not blocking the plate....Uggla's grand slam off Tom Gordon....Myers blowing out his arm....everything about 2003...

Good riddance.

Salisbury adds to your list...

I remember that play by Travesty Lee and I wanted to strangle that farg

http://www.csnphilly.com/09/03/11/Phils-to-say-goodbye-to-Marlins-football/news_phillies.html?blockID=558860&feedID=704

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 03, 2011, 10:07:55 PM
Fashionista Colbert is 2-2 with 2 RBI.

Yeah, he's been hitting better than he's been pitching.  And Vic can't read Nolasco at all.

Hell of a play by Polanco!  Now get your bat out of your ass and get a hit.

Geowhizzer

Of course, I bash Hamels' pitching and he's given up two hits.  One was to Mike Freakin' Cameron, though...

Geowhizzer

Hope Stanton isn't hit too seriously.

On a lighter note, I have to say this about the Marlins:  They have the best pole dancers in the major leagues.

Geowhizzer

MDS

well that escalated pretty quickly

yea, that got out of hand real fast

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Son is trying to get autographs.  Howard came out with a pronounced limp.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's a damn shame the Braves couldn't capitalize on this opportunity.

Rome

Ugly loss last night.  Herndon better not get a whiff of the postseason roster.  He farging sucks.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Just shows how far Lidge has fallen that they brought in Herndon for that situation.