2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on August 10, 2011, 06:53:28 PM
what a zesty road trip, this team better get their shtein together. farging bums.

I think the one loss is a lot more telling than the 9 wins.

Rome

If the Phillies had actually come to play in that one loss, they'd be 9.5 up on the Creepins instead of only 9.

Massive fail.

LBIggle

Quote from: MDS on August 10, 2011, 06:17:04 PM
so im gonna go ahead and say they could probably use another bullpen arm

stutes and lidge = shaky's pizza
tardo and madson = rock hard solid

1 more arm.

i still think contreras (sp?) comes back and contributes.  it doesn't matter that he's 88 yrs old if he's only pitched 3 1/3 innings this year.  he's begun throwing and if he comes back by september that'll be enough time to sharpen up come playoff time. and he'll be the freshest pitcher they have.

PhillyPhreak54

yeah if Fidel and that heavy assed splitter can come back that would be huge.

MDS

lot of if's there

if lidge came back healthy (he and his 90 mph fastball are finished)

if stutes can buck up (not quite yet youngin)

if contreras comes back (lol sure)

big truck cant be relied to stay healthy for october. if he does fine. great. use him. but you still need someone to pitch you that 7th inning should it be there. it might not be an issue, the big 3 usually handle that. or you could extend basticho and madson a little if need be.

farg herndon might get a chance to be that guy. im not kidding.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, not really relying on Contreras for anything other than an innings eater if the Phils are getting blown out.  It'd be nice if he comes back strong but I'm not holding my breath. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

MLB network just went through the top 3 MVP candidates:

Justin Upton
Prince Fielder
Big Piece

Discuss.

Don Ho

just watched the rebroadcast on FOX Sports West and Vin Scully said this 9-1 road trip was the most successful ever in the Phils history.  Is that correct?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on August 11, 2011, 04:13:45 AM
just watched the rebroadcast on FOX Sports West and Vin Scully said this 9-1 road trip was the most successful ever in the Phils history.  Is that correct?

Yeah, this was the most successful for a 10+ game road trip. The best before was a 9-2 roadtrip.  One of them was somehow in 1969, when they lost 99 games.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 10, 2011, 11:36:49 PM
MLB network just went through the top 3 MVP candidates:

Justin Upton
Prince Fielder
Big Piece

Discuss.

Radio guys say Vic?!?

lurking wierdo

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 10, 2011, 06:36:43 PM
My only question in this game is whether Phreak and Igy have bought that Brooklyn Dodger butter joint yet.

Wow does this read old and white.

Eagles_Legendz

Howard getting consideration above Victorino would be laughable.  Victorino's slugging percentage is even higher, he's destroying him in OPS, obviously has more steals, probably still plays better D etc.

lurking wierdo

The only hitting stat that really matters is runs produced. That's the goal. OPS is cute but who cares? Runs produced is the only important stat.

Victorino 100
Howard   128

Eagles_Legendz

You produce runs a variety of ways. 

Victorino gets on base at a far greater clip than Howard, he hits for more average, he hits for more power, he plays better defense, and he runs the bases significantly better.  There is literally not a single thing Howard has done better this year other than hitting home runs, and even that doesn't matter because Victorino has still hit for more power (.542 SLG versus .489 SLG).