2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on August 09, 2011, 12:00:20 PM
Not a dump but not amazing either.

Pretty much my take on it.  It's meh.  There's nothing about the stadium at all that would put it on anyone's top 10 list of must see stadiums.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 09, 2011, 09:02:29 AMWhy the networks don't use him for the WS is mind boggling.

Scully called more than a few WS on TV, back in his prime. Fox has owned the WS for more than a decade now, so it's just been a steady diet of Joe Buck lately.

Before that, Scully was usually the property of CBS (which rarely had the TV rights), so they would have him do the national radio broadcast of the Series. He called the Phils 1980 WS that way.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I know he used to call the Series back in the day.  Would love to hear him do it now though. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 09, 2011, 06:31:16 PM
Would love to hear him do it now though.

no you wouldnt....he can barely keep up with the dodger players...you want him calling the most important series of the year involving two teams he doesnt know at all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 09, 2011, 07:55:27 PM
Maybe team him up with Pat Summerall.

pretty much scully is about seven rob roys away from being summerall
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Rome

b-man

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 09, 2011, 08:46:38 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on August 09, 2011, 07:55:27 PM
Maybe team him up with Pat Summerall.

pretty much scully is about seven rob roys away from being summerall

your scully hate is bordering on being the worst character trait you have

and that is certainly saying something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.