2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

lol I forgot all about them...no wolf pack or duck pond

The Flotilla was the best though.

MDS

the original was the schill-o-meter, which was just two guys way up in the last row of the vet counting curt schilling strikeouts.

its pretty amazing how far we've come since 1997.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on July 11, 2011, 11:59:15 PM
the original was the schill-o-meter, which was just two guys way up in the last row of the vet counting curt schilling strikeouts.

its pretty amazing how far we've come since 1997.

What a farging solid team that was!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/PHI/1997.shtml

MDS

lol

that was the year they signed danny tartabull like 5 seconds before the season, then he tweaked his ankle a bit on opening day and i think played 2 more games before packing it in for the rest of the season. some of us, i wont say who, secretly long for a return to those days so they can have their indie band back to themselves.

just looking at the 1999 team--only 1 starter (marlon anderson) had on obp below 330. hell abreu's was .446. six guys with double digit homers and 5 with double digit steals.

then you look at the rotation: schilling, paul byrd, chad ogea, robert person and a young randy wolf.

the bullpen: wayne gomes, steve montgomery (?), thats amaury (telemaco), jim poole, yorkis perez.

farging christ that pitching was bad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Oh dear god J, that is some bad shtein.  I thought I knew bums history but I for the life of me don't remember Midre Cummings on the 97 team.  Apparently the #1 pick in 1990 of the Twins.  That bullpen brings back some good laughs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

nice info gathering from the comments section on 700 level
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU199808070.shtml

1998 - I drove down to Houston to see the Phils play. The Astros had just acquired Randy Johnson and this would be his home debut.

The Phils threw Mike farging Welch out there on the mound.

lol

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2011, 08:17:35 AM

I like farging with the little guy, but this is probably the best bit of investigative journalism that he's ever done.  Let's offer a little praise instead of ridicule, eh? 

Good job, jewspaper boy. 

BigEd76

damn J that's a pathetic lineup and pitching staff.  No wonder Rolen didn't want to stay.  Also noticed Rube had a PH single off Johnson.  Smug

BigEd76

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on July 12, 2011, 12:00:40 PM
so, is the sky still falling or what ?

nope

a world series title is a mortal lock now that carlos ruiz made the sports illustrated cover

ice grillin you

btw when did SI go to regional covers....cause theres no way chooch makes a national cover over jeter

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 12, 2011, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2011, 08:17:35 AM

I like farging with the little guy, but this is probably the best bit of investigative journalism that he's ever done.  Let's offer a little praise instead of ridicule, eh? 

Good job, jewspaper boy.

detroit what?

all that shtein is in the mds personal memory bank. my lets worship athletes they are the coolest impressionable kid zone was the mid to late 90's phillies. even i was mesmerized by bobby estellellas bulging biceps, which we know can assume werent legit.

BigEd76