2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

oh well

take 2/3 from the dirty braves. enjoy the off day. cock.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The Braves series could start off with the Phils only holding a 2.5 game lead.

:paranoid

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

they have 2 relief pitchers. everyone else is hurt.

when your starter only goes 5 you generally arent going to be successful.

there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Not sure why everyone is ripping on Danley when they should be ripping on HOF Brown for missing the bag (not to mention being a general liability in the field last night). If you guys saw Brown's heel definitively clipping that bag, you must have seen a camera angle I did not. Now Brown admits that he didn't touch it, as he clearly knew when he immediately walked off the field showing zero emotion after being told he was out.

Kerwin Danley won a game for the Phils in this series, Dom Brown lost one.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 06, 2011, 10:41:09 PM
The Braves series could start off with the Phils only holding a 2.5 game lead.

:paranoid

should be a little shook...braves talent is out of control...they actually have the second most wins in the majors

people will of course say that the phils pitching cannot be beat but the braves have a better era than the phils...and before everyone says how the phils rotation cant be beat ill tell you the super dirty little secret

jurrjenns - HOF hanson - beachy have a better era than halladay - phifer - nicole

the advantage the phils have is of course experience and the big question will be can the braves kids hold up down the stretch of a race...if they do then the division is atlantas

but either way we have a bonafied big time major league divisional race....knuckle up and guard your grill folks this weekend is gonna be sick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 07, 2011, 07:01:56 AM
Not sure why everyone is ripping on Danley when they should be ripping on HOF Brown for missing the bag (not to mention being a general liability in the field last night). If you guys saw Brown's heel definitively clipping that bag, you must have seen a camera angle I did not. Now Brown admits that he didn't touch it, as he clearly knew when he immediately walked off the field showing zero emotion after being told he was out.

Kerwin Danley won a game for the Phils in this series, Dom Brown lost one.

phillie fans blame the refs????....i dont believe you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 07, 2011, 07:20:48 AM
people will of course say that the phils pitching cannot be beat but the braves have a better era than the phils...and before everyone says how the phils rotation cant be beat ill tell you the super dirty little secret

jurrjenns - HOF hanson - beachy have a better era than halladay - phifer - nicole

I did some quick math to check up on this, granted I only have about 2 minutes before my work day starts but here's what I came up with. I rounded down in every situation.

Of the 3 Braves starters you mentioned, they've given up a total of 72 runs in 267 innings which averages out to around 3.70
http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/atl/atlanta-braves

Of the 3 Phillies starters you mentioned they've given up 112 runs in 389 innings, which averages out to 3.47

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/pitching/_/name/phi/philadelphia-phillies

I realize ERA takes other things into consideration and my math is admittedly flawed as I only have a few minutes to put this together but if you take the earned runs and divide it into the innings pitched the Phils 3 starters mentioned have a lower ERA.

ice grillin you

jurrjenns = 1.87
HOF hanson = 2.52
beachy = 3.23

nicole = 2.40
halladay = 2.44
phifer = 2.92

phillymic2000

Braves? I thought it was the Marlins, nope the Red Sox, no the Nationals the Phils were supposed to be worried about. I'm confused, can you pick and stay with one team? You jump around more then Kris Kross.

ice grillin you

jump around is house of pain you elder white middle american

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2011, 08:20:41 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 30, 2011, 07:37:20 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 30, 2011, 07:35:57 PM
my big predictions of the year

roy oswalts record will not be over .500 4-6
they wont win the division only 2.5 up after tonight
the nationals will finish within 10 games of them nats 10 games back right now

Oh yeah...and who wins the division?

Bet me. NOW!

braves

SunMo

you love touching yourself about the braves.  get over it, they ain't winning the division.

phillies pitching = better.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

IGY's insistence on trying to push the "Phifer" nickname for Lee is coming off a bit sad to me. I almost want to start doing it just to give the big guy a little bit of support.