2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on June 21, 2011, 10:40:42 PM
igy's king of all kings la russa making pointless move after pointless move here

I was just going to say that.  He just hit the panic button.

DAWG.  Holy shtein!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2011, 09:45:13 PM
seattle series is the perfect example of what is going to happen in the playoffs...and its not much different than what you saw against the giants last year....the phils are going to face a team that on paper is seemingly worse than them but the opponenet is going to have good pitching that shuts the phils down and their hitters will come up with the hits when they need them and/or they will be able to scratch out some runs which is something the phils cant do and before you know it the phils will be on vacation

lol
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

love when LaRussa outsmarts himself and it leads to 9 runs.  What a fargin stupid move to pull the lefty against Howard

MDS

notice how someone bailed the second things got good

cant take the heat dont come down to the streets avon

cant hide behind wee bay J can ya
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2011, 09:37:20 PM
if it will make you happy next time they score ten runs in a game ill say it still sucks

the offense still sucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

The Phillies five-hole has produced a .208/.295/.319 in 2011. Their .614 OPS is 119 points lower than the league average fifth batter.

theres no question that the phillies made the right move in letting werth walk...there was no justifiable way they could have given him the deal he got...but at the same time you also have to say that they would be a better team this year with jayson werth and without cliff lee

Rome

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2011, 08:19:19 AM
The Phillies five-hole has produced a .208/.295/.319 in 2011. Their .614 OPS is 119 points lower than the league average fifth batter.

theres no question that the phillies made the right move in letting werth walk...there was no justifiable way they could have given him the deal he got...but at the same time you also have to say that they would be a better team this year with jayson werth and without cliff lee

No. The offense would still struggle with Werth. And without Lee right now, the back of the rotation would be Kendrick/Worley slop.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 22, 2011, 08:53:54 AM
you are absolutely ridiculous.

for this season id rather have:

halladay - hamels - oswalt - blanton/kendrick and werth in the five hole

than

halladay - lee - hamels - oswalt and ibanez/polanco/francisco ect. ect. ect... in the five hole

i dont understand why that is so ridiculous...im guessing you didnt even really read what i wrote  and instead spazzed out without thinking even about it because omg you are not a real fan if you even suggest that having werth would be a good thing

you certainly dont have to agree but its a valid debate...when you have sunk to such depths that you have to bat placido polanco 5th then you are in big trouble offensively

ice grillin you

Quote from: charlie on June 22, 2011, 09:01:26 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2011, 08:19:19 AM

No. The offense would still struggle with Werth. And without Lee right now, the back of the rotation would be Kendrick/Worley slop.

im not saying its a no brainer but id prefer a competant offense and kendrick vs. another teams fourth starter as opposed to an offense that cant hit anyone and oswalt

BigEd76

QuoteCardinals manager Tony La Russa pulled Miller against lefthanded-hitting slugger Ryan Howard, who owns a .364 lifetime average against Miller. La Russa said that more than that he was factoring in the numbers that said Howard was hitting higher against lefthanders than righthanders (.267 to .250) and that even if Miller had struck out Utley, he was going to make the change.

brilliant

also that sky last night was pretty cool

MDS

i dont want to tell tony or his puppet havas but 267 to 250 in that situation is like a 1 hit difference. but whatever. lets keep logic a secret.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2011, 09:03:20 AM
Quote from: Rome on June 22, 2011, 08:53:54 AM
you are absolutely ridiculous.

for this season id rather have:

halladay - hamels - oswalt - blanton/kendrick and werth in the five hole

than

halladay - lee - hamels - oswalt and ibanez/polanco/francisco ect. ect. ect... in the five hole

i dont understand why that is so ridiculous...im guessing you didnt even really read what i wrote  and instead spazzed out without thinking even about it because omg you are not a real fan if you even suggest that having werth would be a good thing

you certainly dont have to agree but its a valid debate...when you have sunk to such depths that you have to bat placido polanco 5th then you are in big trouble offensively

even though hes just causing problems to cause problems its not a ridiculous thing to say.

the real answer will come in the playoffs. if lee pulls the same kind of thing hes done in the past 2 years then all theyd need is 1-2 runs to win, which youd like to think they could get without werth.

but on paper a good No. 5 right handed hitter is probably more important than what was determined to be a fourth ace going into the season. as it turned out they have 3 aces, oswalt and worley.