2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome on June 11, 2011, 04:27:56 PM
Freaking raining... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I got shtein faced at the Philadelphia race track today. It kept raining a little then going away. farg it.

SD

GRIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

How awesome have Stutes and basticho been this season? Best set up guys in the league and they haven't even warmed up today

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for the Saturday afternoon farg job, Bud.

Goddamn regional games and EI blackouts can suck it.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 11, 2011, 06:12:57 PM

Fortunately I was able to get this one.  Same old story, though.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 11, 2011, 06:12:57 PM

What game did you get?  Shocked we got the bums two days in a row here, MLB TV yesterday and FOX today.  Raining, windy, surf sucks, perfect day to scream at the tv.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Same old story is right Geo.  1 for 9 with runners in scoring position.   :boom  No worry, 2-1 is a safe lead.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on June 11, 2011, 01:19:58 PM
In regards to how they're playing throughout the season who cares. The goal is to make it to the playoffs, every team has the talent to win the whole thing but the team that rises to the occasion at the right moments is the team that wins it all. Take the Giants of last season or the Phils in '08, nobody thought either team had enough talent to pull it off but both did. The difference for the Phillies that season compared to 08/09 is that they didn't get timely hitting like they did and the Giants did.

now this is a level headed normal human being....the rest of phillies nation should take notes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Good call SD and IGY.  99 wins, 100 wins, 105 wins, who gives a shtein.  Get to the dance and hope/pray it all starts clicking.  People who get pissed off that some of us vent and rant on and on don't get it that it's the fear/concern that we may see this again in the playoffs.  The greatest pitching staff ever assembled is only going to get them so far.

PhillyPhreak54

I read on Deadspin that some people wore I HATE JOE BUCK t-shirts today.

And security made them turn them inside out.

Are you farging kidding me?

Rome

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 11, 2011, 07:10:18 PM
I read on Deadspin that some people wore I HATE JOE BUCK t-shirts today.

And security made them turn them inside out.

Are you farging kidding me?

Turn them inside out, go in, turn them back.

Done.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 11, 2011, 06:44:18 PM
Quote from: SD on June 11, 2011, 01:19:58 PM
In regards to how they're playing throughout the season who cares. The goal is to make it to the playoffs, every team has the talent to win the whole thing but the team that rises to the occasion at the right moments is the team that wins it all. Take the Giants of last season or the Phils in '08, nobody thought either team had enough talent to pull it off but both did. The difference for the Phillies that season compared to 08/09 is that they didn't get timely hitting like they did and the Giants did.

now this is a level headed normal human being....the rest of phillies nation should take notes

You may need one of these...

ice grillin you

i dont always agree with sd (and i often dont) but hes good peoples and knows his sports
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous