2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

oh man, I just still get goosebumps when they show that Championship winning strikeout.  :crazy
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Every time I see Hinske it's "Swing and a miss, struck him out!".  Oh was that sweet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 07, 2011, 09:50:36 PM
oh man, I just still get goosebumps when they show that Championship winning strikeout.  :crazy

I was watching Harry Kalas videos the other day and when they showed him calling it I got choked up all over again

ice grillin you

GRIT 5-7 today with 2 HR and all seven at bats against left handed pitching
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

MDS

this might have been their best win of the year

offense junked a run, got a choke bomb and a nice little 2-out speed job from the top of the order
kendrick gave them 5
then jc, stutes, basticho and madson did their thing

very solid all the way around.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Madson flat-out dominated the hitters.  Even the basehit was a broken bat.

MDS

thats funny

i was told by a lot of super cool macho men that he didnt have the balls to be a closer.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on May 08, 2011, 01:03:24 AM
thats funny

i was told by a lot of super cool macho men that he didnt have the balls to be a closer.
:-D

SeƱor and Lidge, relax and take your time.

Grit going 5-7 is very encouraging.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 08, 2011, 01:03:24 AM
thats funny

You mean you spoke to Charlie and Dubee?

Because when they installed El Cubano into the closers role rather than Madson they said that. Hell even Dubee acknowledged that he didn't get it done as a closer.

Pipe down, B-Ville.

ice grillin you

wait....madson saved a may 7 game where he had a three run lead and hes a closer now?...im not sure that should even count as a save

how bout close out some tight october games before we annoint....i swear these new generation Y phillie fans know no bounds

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

I actually agree with IGY  :paranoid

Madson doesn't have "it" to be a closer. But this has been discussed at length by me on here for 2-3 years now.

On the same note, Kendrick doesn't have "it" to be a pitcher in the bigs either. His performance last night doesn't change that.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Kendrick definitely has 'it', at times he looks very good and when his cutter is on he's a very good pitcher. He's just more incosistent than he is on...therein lies the problem. He'll never be a 1-3 guy but in an average rotation he's fine as a 4/5 guy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 08, 2011, 08:50:18 AM
I actually agree with IGY  :paranoid

Madson doesn't have "it" to be a closer. But this has been discussed at length by me on here for 2-3 years now.

On the same note, Kendrick doesn't have "it" to be a pitcher in the bigs either. His performance last night doesn't change that.

sorta agree...im not writing madson off as a closer...i think he can do it...im just saying last nights performance proves nothing

kendrick should be a very good long man for the rest of his career...hes perfect for if a starter gets hurt early and has to come out or the starter gets lit up...in those situations on some days hes gonna be gasoline and on others hes going to give his team a chance to win...but either way you limit his downside by having him in that role