2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Ike Davis has been having a real good year for the Mets so far, after a very solid rookie season last year. Seems like he'll be a good young player for them for a while.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

Yeah, Baez has been replaced on my hate-dar with Herndon. Baez has been mostly solid so far this season. not sure what he did, but it worked.

HOF Brown can't get back fast enough. Raul's done. Even if just to platoon with him.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

It's amazing how quickly Ibanez has hit the basement.     Without him in 2009 they probably don't repeats as NL Champs, though, so thanks for that, Raul.

Now GTFO.

PhillyGirl

You know, the ONLY thing I'm wondering with him is...he was just about this bad to start off last season as well. We said all of the same things...then he went on to hit over .300 after the All Star Break.

Thoughts?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I don't know if he'll get the chance to come back with Dom Brown tearing the cover off the ball again.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2011, 07:23:41 AM
It's amazing how quickly Ibanez has hit the basement. 

when youre that old thats how it happens....you dont slowly degrade from age 39 to 49...you get old and then at some point it just all goes...kind of like a dog....they are running around chasing a ball one day then three weeks later you are puttin a needle in em
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Physically I think Ibanez is fine, it's not like he's laboring when he's at the plate. He's just not seeing the ball for shtein. Maybe he needs glasses, people his age tend to lose their vision.

Rome

I think he's just mired in an awful slump.   It could be that he's cooked but I hope he's got one last flourish in him.

ice grillin you

the only glimmer of hope in him is that his second half last year was good...if he was good the first half of 2010 and terrible the second you could be like we saw this coming last year

but really more than likely its just time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2011, 12:25:49 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 29, 2011, 09:17:04 PM
Vance Worley did a credible job tonight - got himself out of several jams.

And Howard luvs him some Mets pitching.

Geo!

You're alive!

Still kickin'.  Busier than a mofo with school and family.  Can't get enough of the Phils talk, though.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD on April 30, 2011, 09:01:40 AM
Physically I think Ibanez is fine, it's not like he's laboring when he's at the plate. He's just not seeing the ball for shtein. Maybe he needs glasses, people his age tend to lose their vision.

Seems to me that he's lost bat speed - he just can't get around on a good fastball.  If your vision theory is correct, that could be a reason. 

If Dom comes back strong, you'll probably see some kind of platoon with Ibanez and Francisco - or a combination of all three.

Sgt PSN

In addition to the Phils setting a new club record for wins in April, Howard set the club mark for rbi in April and Polanco set an April record for hits.  Wonder if that's a record for most club records broken on the same day? 

And Ibanez has got to be working on some sort of record for futility.  0-last 30?  And it's not like he's hitting the ball and just not finding holes, he's struck out 26 times this month which is only 2 less than Howard...in 1 less game and 11 less ab's.  The guy only has 19 total bases so far.  Mayberry has 10 in roughly 1/3 ab's.  I don't care what he did in the 2nd half last year.....he's cooked.   

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

Through 2 innings Halladay has thrown 11 pitches and they were all strikes.