What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Stevie Ray Vaughn...a lot of it, as I get a batch of chili ready.  Cold Negro Modelo, the smell of browning beef and onions and Stevie Ray Vaughn backing it up. There are worse ways to spend a Sunday.

Diomedes

Much worse.

I, for example, am cleaning my house, balancing my check book, doing laundry and listening to 50 Cent.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

I'm listening to a bunch of bleepin' choking dogs.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 16, 2008, 01:09:37 PM
I'm listening to a bunch of bleepin' choking dogs.
Im listening to that corksucker Emrick, and Eddie"iwantmarioscock" Olcyzk while doing work. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Music Nerds, pm me if you are interested in downloading music torrents
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

The Mars Volta- The Widow.

What a powerfully, emotionally charged song.  :yay
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Danger- Blahzay Blahzay

"When the east is in the house...Oh my god! (danger)"
"When the east is in the house...oh my god...god"
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhanInDC

Going back and adding a lot of very old box sets and CDs to my PC music library to put on my MP3 player. Came across Tool's Lateralus and the Deftones White Pony. Holy shtein these were great albums.

Some of the lesser known stuff was Alklaine Trio's Goddamnit, and my ancient Tom Petty and Heartbreaker's box set "Playback".
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

mussa

wow, thats pretty bad

the raconteurs - consolers of the lonely - solid through and through, i think like it better than their 1st

the killers - sawdust - still not as solid as "hot fuzz", but it has some great songs. some though just seem like they are trying too hard? i like simple killers

mt. helium - faces - trio from la, these guys remind me of tool a bit, while not even trying to sound like them. they have created their own unique progressive rock, can only buy it online because they have yet to land a record contract which is very odd. they send you a burned cd signed by the band members. check them out on myspace
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Is that Killers album the one with Lou Reed guesting on a track?  I've heard that song and like it a lot.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

yea the first track, tranquilize

lou reeds voice is just deathly though in it, i really don't like the song because of that. song 2, 3, 4, 5 are great a few others throughout, but HOT FUZZ is still my fav Killers cd
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

yeah, that's what I love about the song. Reed's menacing, tired, skeletal voice..

I'm a Lou Reed fan generally though, and I can understand that people don't dig him.

NGM

JJ Grey and Mofro - Blackwater.

Great CD start to finish. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2008, 11:14:10 AM
yeah, that's what I love about the song. Reed's menacing, tired, skeletal voice..

I'm a Lou Reed fan generally though, and I can understand that people don't dig him.

i liked his older stuff no doubt, i guess im just realizing he's an old man now. sorta sounded like johnny cash on his last leg