What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I heard some of J.Cole's new album today on 92Q....this guy is talented.  Never heard of him before...but of course, most hip hop that I hear is garbage and I don't exactly seek out the good shtein because you have to seek it out and I'm just not gonna hunt down good rap.

too much great metal

anyway..if I like his new thing, then he must be a sell out or something because I'm as white as it gets without being a Trump lover
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

black crowes - sometimes salvation

loves these guys, seen them 6 times so far, 5 times doing their own shows and once on the jimmy page/crowes tour.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on December 09, 2016, 09:19:40 AM
im comfortably numb right now.  :evil
Trivia - Comfortably Numb was conceived by Roger Waters after receiving an injection in Philadelphia while on tour.

I was one of the few Americans to see the original Wall tour. By dumb luck I happened to camp out at one of the 2 places in Philly to sell tickets (they were only supposed to be sold in the NY area only - Nassau Coliseum and LA were the only 2 venues they played). Someone hacked into the ticket master to gain ticket access. The show production was incredible.

smeags

no doubt that had to a top 5 rock show to see.

Rome

Saw Roger Waters at the Spectrum in 84 during the Pros and Cons tour.   He played Floyd and the entire album. 

smeags

I put in for company tix for the aug 8th & 9th shows. hoping to get a pair.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on December 12, 2016, 08:52:13 AM
no doubt that had to a top 5 rock show to see.

you spelled bottom wrong
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

Started listening to Thomas Blug. Never heard of him before today. Pretty solid German heroic guitar guy.

Diomedes

dope remix of the great Jimmy Smith version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

https://youtu.be/-sRrA2w8hO4

I dare y'all to find a better Christmas song
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I detest any xmas/holiday songs with religious references.  Farg Jesus and his fake ass birthday.

That mix was farging legit though. And no lyrics so I feel like I can bounce to it without being a hypocrit.

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 23, 2016, 11:26:44 AM
I detest any xmas/holiday songs with religious references.  Farg Jesus and his fake ass birthday.

That mix was farging legit though. And no lyrics so I feel like I can bounce to it without being a hypocrit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmN8vQCqbek

Mommy meets Jesus tonight

Rome

Sgt PSN

That song sounds like an awful chain mail story that some jackass decided to put to music. Also, lol at all of the really bad typos in the lyrics.

PhillyPhreak54

Havas this is the brand nubian song I couldn't remember the name to yesterday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Irgwhjimd1E

ice grillin you

oh yeah thats a really good song....i just never think about that album when it comes to brand nubian as it was a depressing attempt at a comeback record....but thats how good primo is that his beat could be a little fountain of youth for them....btw the sample used in that song is from a funky ass classic by george and gwen mcrae called 'the rub' which you should immediately download
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous