Mass - Is Anyone Else Going Today?

Started by Rome, July 31, 2005, 09:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGM

Thats the beauty of 2nd shift my friend. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Philly_Crew

I guess I'm the loner because I enjoy going to church.  I'm not sure if you are being serious Dio, but if you are, that stinks.  Whoever did it should be held criminally responsible.

QB Eagles

Two of my Catholic school teachers wound up going to jail for molesting students. One was a priest and one was an ex-nun. Another priest who taught me was arrested, but the accuser later admitted making the story up. It's naïve to believe that the rate of Catholic priests who molest is substantially higher than Protestant clergy, public school teachers, coaches, or any other group of males who choose to be around children often. The difference is that some dioceses have been complicit in covering up the sexual abuse. On the other hand, the Catholic schools I went to removed the teachers immediately upon hearing an accusation, and contacted the authorities themselves.

I never saw any indication of my parents being pressured to go to church. My dad always went anyway, and my mom is Protestant. A lot of kids from my class didn't go regularly. Could be either because the congregation was large, or because the priests doing the masses were not teachers at the school.

MadMarchHare

It's laughable that after you pay the equivalent of college tuition to send your kid to these private schools, they make further demands of your time.  They should be happy their getting paid.
Anyone but Reid.