Fantasy Baseball

Started by hbionic, March 26, 2015, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Yeah I never thought i'd be interested in it, then did it one year with friends and now it's on par with football for me. Soon you'll find yourself reading articles about prospects.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Funny part is, because of my baseball card collection growing up...baseball and stats were imbedding in us, or at least me. I used to watch complete baseball games all the time. Mostly Dodgers, but I'd watch some angels, and whatever was broadcasting locally (pre-cable days). That's why personally, I don't care too much about baseball outside the region/state...but I'll remember some off the wall baseball shtein from 20-25 years ago.

PhillyPhreak54

Same here - I have about 50k cards from my collecting hey day. They're holed away at my mom's place. But I haven't really bought any since 1996ish.

The baseball card stats aren't what mds and people of his ilk like nowadays though. If they had their way cards would look like farging calculus equations on the back.

hbionic

I used to like seeing what minor league team they came from...and how many played in Pawtucket.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah same here...minor leagues and then who they were traded for and stuff like that

SD

Quote from: hbionic on April 07, 2015, 02:19:04 PM
I used to like seeing what minor league team they came from...and how many played in Pawtucket.

Mike Greenwell

hbionic

I know its too early to panic, but my catcher situation sucks ass. Any recommendations? I Have Saltalamacchia.

Any recommendations are much appreciated.

PhillyPhreak54

Who else is available?

Way too early to worry- let it shake out a bit

hbionic

Carlos Ruiz- Phi
Ryan Hanigan- Box
David Ross- ChC
Francisco Cervelli- Pit
Caleb Joseph- Bal
Geovany Soto-CWS
Nick Hundley- Col
Tuffy Gosewisch- Ari
Wilin Rosario- Col
Robinson Chirinos- Tex
Martin Maldonado- Mil
Rene Rivera- TB
Tyler Flowers- CWS
Christian Bethancourt- Atl
A.J. Pierzynski- Atl
Ramon Hernandez- KC
Jose Molina- TB
Yorbit Torrealba- LAA
Corky Miller- Cin
Wil Nieves- SD
Miguel Olivo- LAD
Koyie Hill- Phi
John Buck- Atl
Geral Laird- Ari
Michel Hernandez- Cle
Humberto Quintero- Bos
Guillermo Quiroz- SF
Jeff Mathis- Mia
Justin Knoedler- LAD
(There's more but I stop at Justin Knoedler)

PhillyPhreak54

Hundley
Chirinos
Rosario
Flowers

Those are the four best on there. The Rockies will probably platoon or play Rosario in other positions

Not a whole lot of good options. But keep an eye on those and grab the best of the four after a week or two

phattymatty

i realized that fantasy baseball was pretty much the only reason i paid attention to mlb the last 5 years. i'm not playing this year and there's a good chance i don't watch a single second on tv this year. i will go to some to drink though.

ice grillin you

It's amazing to me that you love college basketball but hate pro baseball
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

what do they possibly have to do with each other?

also i don't hate baseball. i just would never spend 3 hours watching it on tv. in person i think it's a great time.

MDS

can anybody else not make a move while games are in progress?

ive been trying to get rid of diekman forever and every time i go do it says i cant because hes playing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.