Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

From what I could hear over the sports bar din, Collingsworth spent half the broadcast gushing about how 'athletic' Clowney is, and how he has such body control and reflexes that allowed him to blow up plays in the backfield that others can't simply can't. And he's right - it's amazing what these world class athletes can do. And a lumbering 300 pound Beau Allen could have pulled up at the last second on a hit like that.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 07, 2020, 05:10:00 PM
Pereira has called it a cheap shot.  I like that terminology best so far.

yeah how are you going to know what is in another persons head or heart to judge intent...i think he saw the opposing QB in the open field and went at him in a harder more dirty way they he may have someone else of another position but to say he was trying to hurt him is not something i am going to say...i think he lowered his head to cause a more powerful impact but i dont think he hit him int he head on purpose...he would have been just as happy driving him into the ground by hitting him in the back

but as i said the nfl should have the college rule where if a player intentional or not spears another players head then they are out of the game...because gaining 15 yards there becomes much bigger if the seahawks also lose clowney
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 07, 2020, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 07, 2020, 05:10:00 PM
Pereira has called it a cheap shot.  I like that terminology best so far.

yeah how are you going to know what is in another persons head or heart to judge intent

He should get the benefit of the doubt. It's not like he's been fined every year for the last five years for being dirty.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on January 07, 2020, 05:06:45 PM
He deliberately intended to injure Wentz.  There's no room in the game for that anymore.  It's been legislated out.  People have been fined and suspended for doing precisely what Clowney did to Wentz. 

He gets away with it for whatever reason while those who got penalized, fined and/or suspended did not.

The inconsistency is what's galling.   If that was Brady there would have been flags galore, Clowney would have been ejected and likely suspended immediately after the game.

this is classic over the top romey

its fair to say if brady gets hit like that theres a flag but other than that calm down

it shouldve been a 15 yarder but clowney aint out there trying to give a guy cte. its a lesser hit than what derek barnett did to jamal williams in week 4.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He literally aimed his helmet at Wentz's head and speared him hard enough to cause a pretty severe concussion. 

He deliberately tried to injure Wentz.  He should have been carried off that field on a stretcher and he would have been if the Eagles had more football players and fewer bible thumping Hoydas. 

ice grillin you

again Brandon Graham does the same thing there's no injury intent at all and the targeting is excused because it was a split second play that no one could have avoided

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Quote from: General_Failure on January 07, 2020, 05:33:11 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on January 07, 2020, 03:40:54 PMI feel if Wentz stayed in the game it would have been close

It already was close.

Close like 27-23, maybe a touchdown instead of a FG when it was 1st and goal on the 5, birds with a real chance at the end.  The old guy, and god bless him for his effort wasn't going to get it done.  Not with an ailing Ertz & three practice squad alumni at receiver.  Even when they got close both those times in Q4 you just had that gut feeling they weren't converting on 4th down or scoring.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i dont have a ton of doubt that if wentz stays in the game they win

they were inside the what 25? four times and got three fg's

QB Eagles

Yeah Wentz has some of the best red zone stats in the league. McCown played well for what he is but the Eagles are scoring more than 9 points if Wentz is in there.

We know this wasn't a Super Bowl team but it sucks to have been robbed of the opportunity to see how this game plays out, just as if it will be massively disappointing if any of the remaining 8 QBs get knocked out in Q1 next weekend. And Carson has to feel cursed with his team making the playoffs three straight years but only having a handful of snaps to show for it.

Eagles_Legendz

They didn't punt once in the second half, nor turn the ball over, and they scored 6 points.  Hard to do.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

MDS

if a jesus freak from north dakota can become a liberal than theres hope for everyone
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Other than his idiotic religious nonsense. I'm 100% on board with what he wrote.