2007-08 College Football Bowl Season

Started by BigEd76, December 02, 2007, 10:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Big Ten has been so brutal that I'm actually reduced to rooting for all conference teams in the bowl season in order to spur on a comeback.

So far...
Winners:  Purdue (!), Penn State, Michigan
Losers:  Michigan State, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois

Yet to Play:  Ohio State.  Go Buckeyes?

ice grillin you

rooting for conferences or divisions is super gay
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2008, 10:39:02 AM

agreed. never root for a rival.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I tried and found it completely impossible to root for Florida yesterday.  Michigan is hardly a rival of Penn State, considering they just put a "W" on their schedule with a Sharpie marker every time they play my beloved Nitts.  Penn State can call it a rivalry when they finally win a game.

I might be able to pull off LSU.  We'll see.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2008, 10:39:02 AM

Word.  I was just explaining this to a co-worker of mine.  He's a Tennessee fan and says that come bowl time, you always want to root for the others in the conference to make the whole conference look better.  That's bullshtein.  Every single time Ohio State steps on the field, I want them to get absolutely mauled.

Come Jan 7th... Geaux Tigers!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

to me its not even about rivals as much as it is throwing a blanket over an entire group of teams just because...i mean i also would never root for ohio state under any circumstances just because i despise them so much....

but other than those few teams that we all have that no matter what we root against
every year team and scenario is different

for example maybe ff hated florida a lot this year so he rooted for michigan...but if michigan plays alabama or arkansas in a bowl game next year hes still gonna automatically root for michigan

PoopyfaceMcGee

To be clear, I was completely unable to even think about rooting for Michigan under Lloyd Carr, even against Ohio State, unless their winning palpably helped the Nittany Lions.

That said, Lloyd "can I have two more seconds?" Carr is toast, and I really hate all the hype around Tim Tebow, so I found myself pulling for Michigan.

I really hope to again get to the point that I root against Michigan automatically, but like I said, Penn State has to actually win a game against them once in a while for it to even matter.

ice grillin you

no one cares

its just stupid to automatically root a certain way in an individual game strictly because of a larger affiliation

PoopyfaceMcGee

Your face is stupid because of a larger affiliation!

BigEd76

Rome

Holy shtein West Virginia smoked the Stoopses.

:-D

That's great. 

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

that win only makes their pitt loss hurt more

PoopyfaceMcGee