07-08 Philadelphia 76ers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 30, 2007, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

SI.com predicts they'll be the worst team in the Eastern Conference and will challenge Minnesota and Charlotte for the worst record overall  :yay

SD_Eagle5

I'd love to see the Sixers get a top 3 pick next season, but I think Miller keeps them around the 25-30 win mark which probably puts us at the back end of the lottery again.

BigEd76

OJ Mayo, USC PG
Derrick Rose, Memphis PG
Michael Beasley, Kansas State PF

Maybe Roy Hibbert too

MDS

that pf sounds nice. oj mayo is a lunatic.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

You mean to tell me that someone with the first name of OJ is nuts?  What are the odds? 

ice grillin you

hibbert is gonna be a horrible pro imo

i cant see the sixers getting anywhere close to 30 wins...unless carney or louis williams become a go to guy...i dont see how they are gonna score...they have no shooters and louis williams whos never really played is their best player at creating his own shot

also dont underestimate the loss of joe smith...he was very valuable and they have replaced him with a rookie

the east is a much better conference this year as well...numerous teams around the sixers have improved while they have regressed

22-24 wins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they played hard last year when there was nothing left to play for, so for that, i will give them a grand total of 31 wins.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 31, 2007, 06:36:43 AM
You mean to tell me that someone with the first name of OJ is nuts?  What are the odds?

O.J. was innocent.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 31, 2007, 10:41:05 AM
they played hard last year when there was nothing left to play for, so for that, i will give them a grand total of 31 wins.

they had 35 last year right?...the celtics alone will be a four game difference in wins for the sixers this year

MDS

yea. im being generous with that number, but i figure in march and april while some other teams will be tanking, the sixers will play hard.

SunMo

Samuel Dalembert is so maddening to watch...he's such a lazy defender, it's terrible to watch.  Reggie Evans looks like he plays with catchers mitts on.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Dillen

Reggie Evans is a farging badass.

I think Dalembert shouldn't be allowed to cross the center court line and should just stay on defense, because he is absolutely terrible on offense. He's not a good defender either but he is a good shot blocker.

It appears that Carney isn't playing like a little bitch. Smith was pretty good. No sign of the Thad.

BigEd76

Shrunk a 22 or 23-point deficit to 1 but couldn't come back completely.  Entertaining and losing is OK....

reese125

John Salmons had 22 points, nine assists and three steals in a start at small forward on Wednesday for the Kings

ice grillin you

nba thread dunn dunn

its all about matchups