Week 5 - Steelers: Yinzer Ahoy

Started by MDS, October 05, 2020, 12:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Why did that moron celebrate ruining his field position.

Diomedes

The one time you shouldn't catch the INT....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

FG decision (Doug) and 3rd down decision (Jim) killed any chance the Eagles had. Also killed any chance for those who had the Eagles to cover.

MDS

you can point to 5 different little things but really the eagles just stink
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Bullshtein ass defense.

And farg Wentz and Hightower

Diomedes

On the bright side, there's a youth thing happening for the Eagles:

Fulgham
Mailata
Herbig
Driscoll

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on October 11, 2020, 04:20:05 PM
On the bright side, there's a youth thing happening for the Eagles:

Fulgham
Mailata
Herbig
Driscoll

Will any of those guys be on the team in 2022?

Wentz is the real disaster going on this season. He's really terrible, among the worst in the NFL. And he's the franchise. If the division was out of reach I feel like the Eagles would bench him for a fake injury for a few weeks until he gets his head back.

Diomedes

Why wouldn't they? 

Fulgham is flash in the pan (for now) but I think we've seen enough of the other three to say they're good building blocks.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on October 11, 2020, 04:28:08 PM
Why wouldn't they? 

Fulgham is flash in the pan (for now) but I think we've seen enough of the other three to say they're good building blocks.

I think Driscoll is the only one even under contract for that long. Stout does a great job getting the most out of guys but from what I've seen none of them have been making me say "wow, that guy's a bonafide starter". If they keep being serviceable all season maybe I change my mind.

Bad day for Zach Ertz's trade value.

MDS

also cannot be understated how terrible jon vilma was

hes a down depth chart fox guy doing mainly D level games but youd figure out of all the ex jocks in the world they could find one or two that can do this competently
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Really all of the analysts other than Aikman on Fox are bottom of the barrel. And even Aikman isn't especially good. It's like they didn't want to spend money in the covid year, or they expected Phil Rivers to retire.

PhillyPhreak54

Realistically what could they get for Wentz?

A low 1?

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 11, 2020, 04:52:21 PM

A low 1?

contract makes him untradeable even if someone else wanted him...the cap penalties make it moot

in a fantasy world i cant imagine 1 team out there willing to pay wentz his contract and giving up draft picks. hes a mediocre qb being paid like a franchise guy

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 11, 2020, 04:52:21 PM

A low 1?

Given his contract, having to give up a first rounder would be closer.

QB Eagles

Seriously with what they have invested in Wentz they would need to be seeing Patrick Mahomes shtein out of Hurts in practice to consider giving up on him during this season, no matter how much Wentz stinks. It's an unmitigated disaster for the next three years if he doesn't turn it around.