2020 Draft Discussion

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 06, 2020, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

they could find the money for him but why would you want him...he's 32 gets hurt and is pretty much a shell of his old self
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Exactly the kind of receiver they go for, then.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

LB and WR

Forever blind spots by this team

General_Failure

Gotta make room to draft linemen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

And bums like Clayton Thorson

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 10, 2020, 11:10:37 PM

taking everything into consideration he might have been the franchises single worst draft pick ever

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

Incredibly stupid. First of all he fargin sucked at NW. Second of all he was way over drafted. And third if they had some wild thought they'd draft and groom him and flip him for a higher pick they're stupid on numerous levels.

ice grillin you

they also had limited assets cause of trades...even if he was thought of even a little bit highly they couldn't afford using a puck on him as they were all precious

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2020, 11:15:56 PM

taking everything into consideration he might have been the franchises single worst draft pick ever

Kevin Allen says hi. 

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2020, 11:15:56 PM

You must be drunk.  Taking a shot on a QB  is always and will always be a better idea than drafting a 27 year old lineman.  Watkins was a disaster from go.    Taking a shot on a DE is not as crazy ... but trading up for Marcus Smith.  I mean, I had to look that bum's name up on wikipedia so I could type out this argument.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Watkins played in the NFL was more or less rated where he was taken was a position of need and they had lots of picks.  Thorson was rated an UDFA (if that) couldn't complete a pass in practice and was not position of need especially when they had five total picks

Wstkins was an awful pick even at the time and I'm not defending it but he was your average first round flop....thorson was sorta mind boggling

Rome

The sad thing is there's so many choices for awful picks, it's nearly impossible to go wrong in picking any number of them. 

That said they've had a ton of "holy shtein" great picks too.  Can't forget Jackson, McCoy, Ertz, Kelce, etc...

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2020, 08:32:05 AMbut he was your average first round flop

I couldn't disagree more.  How many times in the NFL has a team taken a 27 year old player in the first round and that worked out well?  Far fewer than a team gambling on an unheralded QB.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

I mean you can have him I'll take the unrated developmental QB who couldn't make it out of camp in a year the team had four other picks

PhillyPhreak54