Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 05, 2019, 12:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for playing, Pittsburgh.

Gtfo

They deserve to lose after Tomlin kicked a FG from the 1

MDS

mike tomlin won a super bowl how exactly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Watkins... what a pair of throws back to back on that drive.

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Watson!  That was unreal.  But......Brees. 

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Unreal!  That was a hell of a final two minutes.

PhillyPhreak54

Texans defense playing off coverage there was moronic

Watson is so good. That's a painful loss. Plus I wanted to see the hoe ass Saints fans cry and start 0-1

PhillyPhreak54

Raiders look great

And their fans are getting in great farg AB chants

PhillyPhreak54

Tyrell Williams was a great pick up as was Finding Darren Waller on a practice squad and drafting Josh Jacobs. And their OL has stoned Chubb and Miller.

QB Eagles

Enjoy Watson while you can. That o-line still ain't right.

phattymatty

Those last 2 Watson passes were pretty af.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 05, 2019, 12:38:37 AM
Seems like yesterday the playoffs loss to the Saints happened. Time flies and here we are again.

Curious to see how Rodgers and the new HC get along. The Packers still didn't add much for Rodgers to work with offensively. And this trend of teams looking for the next McVay is annoying. I think the Bears take a step back.

May as well use this one for predictions too.

AFC EAST
1. Patriots
2. Bills
3. Jets
4. Dolphins

I actually think this division will be more competitive than we are used to seeing. I like what Buffalo and the Jets have done so far. The Fins are in full blown tank mode and I sorta hope it blows up in their faces.

AFC NORTH
1. Steelers
2. Browns
3. Ravens
4. Bengals

I'm sick of hearing about the Browns. You wanna crown their asses?! Crown them! Mayfield and OBJ haven't shut up long enough to breathe. Pittsburgh getting rid of the Bell and Brown side shows helps them actually. I think Juju has a great season. They'll need Washington and Moncrief to step up though if they want to win the division. I'm not sold on Lamar Jackson and the concept of the forward pass. Cincy will be picking a QB high in April. If they can land Tua that would be fun to watch.

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Jaguars
4. Titans

Houston, internally, is a dumpster fire. No GM and Bill OB isn't very good. But Watson and Hopkins are very good. I don't think they run away with the division though. I see this one going down to the wire between the top three teams. I like Reich and think he's going to have Brissett in a good position to succeed. We know that Foles usually struggles when he's the guy. Foles Magic doesn't come into play until crunch time. Tennessee faces a crossroads with Mariota. If he can't do much again this year do they move on? Does Vrabel yank him for Tannehill this season?

AFC WEST
1. Chiefs
2. Chargers
3. Raiders
4. Broncos

I wish the Chargers could've kept their momentum from this past season but I don't see them doing it. I've always liked Rivers. The Chiefs are loaded offensively as we all know. Their defense has to improve because it can't be worse right? But if it doesn't improve it'll be another pre-SB exit for Big Red. I like some of what Oakland has done but Gruden's system is archaic. Although he may eschew his true YAC based WCO for deeper stuff simply because of Brown and Williams and their deep ball abilities. Not a fan of the Broncos QB depth chart. Their defense should be pretty good though.

AFC PLAYOFFS
1. Steelers
2. Chiefs
3. Patriots
4. Texans
5. Chargers
6. Colts

I almost wanted to put the Bills in one of the WC spots.

Colts knock off the Patriots
Texans take down the Chargers

Steelers will beat the Colts
Chiefs will eek out a win against the Texans in a shootout

A tough call in the AFCCG but I think the Chiefs squeak by the Steelers.

NFC EAST
1. Eagles
2. Cowboys
3. Giants
4. Washington

I hope Dallas shteins all over themselves. The only interesting things about the Giants and Washington is how long Eli and Keenum stay as starters.

NFC NORTH
1. Vikings
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Lions

This could be the division where every team is in it until the final month. The Lions have a running game with Johnson. Rodgers pulls his super man act and makes miracles despite not having great skill position supporting cast. The Bears regress a bit and the Vikings end up being the tallest midget in this circus despite Cousins throwing awful INTs.

NFC SOUTH
1. Saints
2. Falcons
3. Panthers
4. Bucs

I think Arians has the Bucs on the up and up and next year they'll be tougher. Can Newton stay healthy and overcome having Rivera as the HC still? Can Atlanta overcome having Dan Quinn's clueless ass still in charge? I'm about sick of the Saints so I wish someone would bury those fools. But they'll end up on top again.

NFC WEST
1. Seahawks
2. Rams
3. 49ers
4. Cardinals

I'll probably get burned here picking Seattle mainly because their OC is trash. But I think the Rams fall back to earth a bit and have a SB hangover. I think the Niners will play well and could surprise and challenge for second place and a WC spot. I'm not a Kyler Murray fan and hiring Kingsbury was horrific.

NFC PLAYOFFS
1. Eagles
2. Saints
3. Vikings
4. Seahawks
5. Rams
6. Bears

WC Weekend is anticlimactic because we see divisional matchups again. But Chicago goes into Minny and beats them and Seattle manages to hold off the Rams.

The Eagles and Bears rematch from last year has a lot of people taking Chicago as revenge for the double doink but Nagy and the Bears come into The Linc shook and get smoked. The Saints handle the Seahawks.

And then we have our own rematch angle when the Saints come into The Linc. This time Alshon doesn't butterfinger the season away.

SUPER BOWL

Storyline central here. All of the Philly and KC angles get pounded for the two weeks leading up to the game. Wentz feels pressure to live up to BDN. Mahomes and that receiving corps vs Schwartz and his stupid sticks defense. Big Red goes home without a ring again though.

OTHER PREDICTIONS

NFL MVP - Carson Wentz
Offensive Player Of The Year - Patrick Mahomes
Defensive Player Of The Year - Aaron Donald
Offensive Rookie Of The Year - Josh Jacobs
Defensive Rookie Of The Year - Devin Bush (Ed Oliver a close 2nd)
Coach Of The Year - Doug Pederson
First Coach Fired - Jay Gruden

Looking back on the week one predictions.

AFC East - 4/4

AFC North - 1/4 I was way off on Lamar Jackson's season. Also off on Juju having a great season. Although he may have had Ben not gotten hurt. I was happy to see CLE shtein themselves.

AFC South - 1/4 think I had a pretty good feel for the side stories here with BOB sucking and wondering if Mariota would lose his job to Tannehill. I was a little off on Reich/Brissett. He played well early and stumbled down the stretch. Foles was hurt but the whole turning the keys over to him as a starter kinda proved right.

AFC West - 2/4 The Broncos did much better than I thought and even though they started rough they started to play better. Way off on the Chargers.

AFC Playoffs - 3/6 Way off on PIT and I wish I would've listened to my gut on BUF. Had KC/HOU but called for a shootout and KC narrowly winning.

NFC East - 4/4 Eli and Keenum did not last long and Dallas did shtein themselves

NFC North - 1/4 Way off on the Packers here. LaFleur and them signing the two Smith's on defense made a world of difference. Thought DET would keep it closer but they too were hit by injuries.

NFC South - 2/4 pretty close on this one. Cam did not stay healthy. Arians had TB on the come up.

NFC West - I felt SF was also on the come up but was way wrong since they ended up the one seed. Figured the Rams would do what they did.

NFC Playoffs - 4/6 obviously way off on how that has played out so far

fun to look back

Don Ho

Phreak the Greek!

Not bad J.  Week one, the one and only Pimp showing.  I keep forgetting birds were down 17-0 in that game.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.