Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Never had them....but I will try when I'm home

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2014, 07:08:16 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 14, 2014, 01:41:01 PM
Salt & Vinegar!

no way utz RED HOT!

These are so good.  I had to stop buying them altogether or else I'd weigh 300 pounds. :drool

PhillyPhreak54

Those look awesome .... No Herrs down here though sadly

Rome

Cape Cod has kettle cooked crab chips now.   They're better than Herr's but they're still a mile away from Utz's.   They have Utz's chips now in gas stations down here but they don't have them in supermarkets.  Weird.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 14, 2014, 08:14:01 PM
They're better than Herr's but they're still a mile away from Utz's.

lol...utz are soooo good...really they have mastered almost any chip....the crab johnsons are amazing but they especially perfected the red hot and the salt and vinegar...they are just phenoms

only time I wont get utz is if I need rippled and then theres no replacement for ruffles....but god damn are they expensive
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 14, 2014, 07:21:19 PM
Never had them....but I will try when I'm home

the brothers love them but they really are great...especially with a six pack of killians for some odd reason...but of course they will go great with any beer....the red hot and s&v more than any other food much less chip go so perfectly with beer....a bag of one of those and a sixer is what I start almost every cfb sat off with until I move onto liquor...probably why im 400 lbs

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on the salt and vinegar and beer...farging ahhhmazing

kettle cooked s&v + high life tallboy? IN

ice grillin you

never been a huge fan of the kettle chip other than of course grandma utz which are greasy love....and theres nothing worse than a flavored kettle chip

miller high life ALL IN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 14, 2014, 07:45:03 PM
Those look awesome .... No Herrs down here though sadly

I'm not sure why, but there are a few of the secondary varieties available:  Hot Sauce, Ragin' Ranch and Ketchup.  Not the more popular varieites (I miss me some Herr's Sour Cream and Onion).

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2014, 09:42:22 PM
Quote from: Rome on August 14, 2014, 08:14:01 PM
They're better than Herr's but they're still a mile away from Utz's.

lol...utz are soooo good...really they have mastered almost any chip....the crab johnsons are amazing but they especially perfected the red hot and the salt and vinegar...they are just phenoms

only time I wont get utz is if I need rippled and then theres no replacement for ruffles....but god damn are they expensive
UTZ Carolina BBQ chips are the greatest chips ever made
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Went out on Black Friday weekend and got a Nikon D3400 with a couple of lenses for $499. Took the puppy to the dog park yesterday and tooled around with it a little bit. Any pointers on how to take cool pictures/use the effects in meaningful ways are appreciated.

If I'm using the "active" mode, should I set it to take multiple shots in a row? Def got a little blur in some of the pictures I took with that active mode on, but also think that's partially because I was snapping pictures quickly and not really making sure I was focusing on the objects in the picture.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

I rarely use any of the auto modes other than aperture or shutter priority. I'm assuming that "active" mode puts priority on faster shutter speeds, which will probably give you less motion blur. It's hard to tell what happened with your shots, though.

Consider your focus points. You should be able to change and select certain points, and then use the "focus and recompose" method (press halfway on the shutter button to lock in a focus point, then move the camera to the desired composition).

It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

What lenses did you get with the camera?

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on December 08, 2016, 09:28:17 AM
I rarely use any of the auto modes other than aperture or shutter priority. I'm assuming that "active" mode puts priority on faster shutter speeds, which will probably give you less motion blur. It's hard to tell what happened with your shots, though.

Consider your focus points. You should be able to change and select certain points, and then use the "focus and recompose" method (press halfway on the shutter button to lock in a focus point, then move the camera to the desired composition).

It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

What lenses did you get with the camera?
Yeah the 'active' mode is supposed to be for when you're taking pictures of sports or something like that, to get rid of the blur. It was only later I thought "wait, shouldn't it be taking like 3 or 4 rapid fire pictures?"...that's what I wasn't sure of. I'm brand new to the camera thing and know only what I read about in the manual/some internet stuff.

I'm assuming and hoping the reason for the blur in some of the pictures was just because I was kinda snapping pics fast and wasn't really focusing as i took, mainly because the dogs were running so fast haha.

The package came with an 18-55mm lense (which seems like the "standard") and a 70-300, which I haven't attempted to use yet. I've mostly just taken a few pictures of trees and shtein and tried playing around with some of the 'effects' of the camera. These are a little bit compressed because I sent them to my phone first instead of directly uploading them to my computer:

The leaves in the last picture are actually all yellow, I just tooled around with one of the settings to get it to look like that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, that last one is a little over saturated...but otherwise you're getting some good colors in there. Is the 70-300 a VR (image stabilizing) lens?

I sorely need to get my camera back out of the bag. I've been really, really slacking off with the shooting lately. I did some concert shooting this summer, but that's it. I'm itching to do some studio stuff. Maybe once football is finally over and the weather turns to crap, I can justify spending a few days working on some still life images.

Diomedes

I would like to order some actual printed photographs.  How does one do such a thing anymore?  The cheapo site I was using apparently doesn't do prints anymore.  Are there better options than Snapfish and the like?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger