Who to start / General Fantasy Football thread 2012

Started by Diomedes, August 18, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

hbionic

He is. He was born healthy. You were born not as chromosomy. T-Tard.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

phattymatty

RB1 - Peterson
RB2 - Beanie Wells (probable), Ryan mathews (should be suited up but going to split carries at best) or Michael Bush

I'm leaning towards Mathews in the hopes that he's ready and Atlanta has given up a lot of points to RBs this year

EDIT, never mind, forte is out. no brainer.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I benched Mathews in favor of Sproles, Donald Brown, and Alfred Morris.

Diomedes

I have zesty options in a zesty league today.  (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 W/R flex, 1 TE, K, D; Pass TDs 6 points standard scoring otherwise)

I already ran Boldin at one of the WR slots, by accident, but I was not unhappy with the 130 yards he put up for me.  So now I've got to fill 2 WR, 2 RB, and one Flex spot from the following players:

RB
Forte (CHI) {Quest} @ DAL [MNF]
Law Firm (CIN) @ JAX [4 p.m.]
Morris (WAS) @ TB [4p.m.]
LeShoure (DET) {Quest} v. MIN [1p.m.]
Smith (DET) v. MIN [1 p.m.]
Brown (NYG) @ PHI [SNF]

WR
Jones (ATL) v. CAR [1 p.m.]
Welker (NE) @ BUF [1 p.m.]
Floyd (SD) @ KC [1 p.m.]

I don't think I've got enough decent options at RB to use one at the flex spot instead of one of these WRs, so unless you see something I don't, the basic question is, which two RBs to play? 

I'm figuring Benjarvis Green Ellis will get the ball a lot and Jax is vulnerable, so he's a start.  After that....I don't know.  Morris?  Forte doesn't go until Monday night and who knows whether he's healthy enough to play at all much less be effective enough to retake the carries Bush has been getting.  LeShoure is also dinged up and facing a tough run D so who knows what they will do with him.  Smith was healthy last week and didn't get a single touch..he's not an option.  If he doesn't see the ball this weekend again, I'm dropping him.  Andre Brown is going to share duties with Bradshaw, right? 

So I think this is my best lineup:

RB  Law Firm
RB  Alfred Morris

WR  Julio Jones
WR  Malcom Floyd

Flex  Wes Welker

Do any of you see a better lineup?