Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 31, 2021, 11:45:02 PM
The Little Things was pretty damn good.

Isabel Arraiza 😍😍😍

Frank Sobotka and Brianna Barksdale with supporting roles.

what?

it was horrendous

it was a 50th rate seven/silence of the lambs....the plot was beyond ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

What can I say - I liked it. I'm a Denzel fan. And I thought Leto was good.

Zanshin

Not surprisingly, I'll land somewhere in the middle on it. It was okay. It wanted to be more than it turned out to be, and IGY's description of it wanting to be Se7en (but not getting there) is accurate. The character development certainly could have been better. That said, I've certainly seen worse movies and with the dearth of movies out there, I was happy enough to have it available. Leto annoys me in just about everything I've seen him in for some reason...he kind of oozes an unearned self-importance.

Rome

I said to the Mrs, well, it can't be any worse than the last movie we watched on HBOMax (WW84).

Welp.

Eagles_Legendz

A Promising Young Woman isn't perfect but absolutely worth watching.

ice grillin you

rat film - one of the most unique and original documentaries i have ever seen...shows the sordid history of baltimore in particular its segregation thru the extermination of the cities rats

8/10

ice grillin you

MDS

one night in miami - really well acted and damn regina king directed the hell out of this but its a dialogue heavy play and literally nothing happens. so just be prepared for lots of talking. 3/5

judas and the black messiah - the umpteenth america is a horrible racist cesspool of a country movie and i frankly cannot get enough. in real life, the two leads were essentially teenagers. in the movie, they are like 30. that aside, this is a story i frankly knew not a god damn thing about and im guessing you did not either. ill go stanfield > kaluuya but its close. 3/5

nomandland - felt it wouldve worked better as a documentary about the actual nomands. francis mcdormand shteins in a bucket and swims nude. so yes. in a regular year its an art house darling that maybe sneaks into best picture. in this year, its the heavy favorite. mehhh. 2.5/5

coming 2 america - downright bad and completely unnecessary. how do you make a sequel to an all time classic but film it in atlanta and make jermaine fowler the de facto lead? sherri headley was outrageously out. 1/5

palm springs - the best movie of the year and maybe the best romcom ive ever seen. i love a good time loop and this blows that genre out of the park, throws in some really funny jokes/side characters and there is some sufficiently weird connor o'malley run for what im guessing is specifically me. 5/5

the little things - a piece of shtein 0/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Coming to America 2 - had low expectations based off the trailers...it met my expectations. They did a great job of assembling the original cast but after that it's an obnoxious train wreck.

PhillyPhreak54

That makes me sad.

Sequels usually suck. I hoped that it would be better but expected the trainwreck. I'll prob watch it tomorrow.

ice grillin you

judas and the black messiah - eh so overrated...im just about done with the liberal media overrating movies because of the subject matter...if a movie is good its good...you dont have to give it a good review because its a "black movie"...i would watch this for a history lesson and for lakeith stanfields amazing performance but chicago 7 was better and that wasnt even great

6/10

MDS

irresistible - gonna say it. steve carell was good in the office but he just dont got it as a leading man. hes a nice dude and people like him and thats why hes here but...hes a sitcom/supporting actor. thats it. there was an okay movie in here but when the lead aint right it all falls apart. 2/5

skin: a history of nudity in the movies - exactly what you think it is. a 2 hour on doc on boobs, bush and cock. 3 of my faves. as far as docs go its pretty mediocre. some really bad editing and pacing. as far as subject matters go i dont think you can find something im more interested in. they got betsy russell talking about her nude scenes from private school. betsy russell! and she would still get it. 4/5 because of course i was going to love this. its on hulu have at it.

rko 281 - been meaning to double back on this after watching mank. it was a boilerplate hbo movie from the 90s and it was actually more fun to watch than mank. 2.5/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

couldnt disagree more on carrell
he was farging amazing in the the big short and outstanding in stupid crazy love and fox catcher

all as a lead or co lead

MDS

i think those were more ensemble? not a situation where he had to do the heavy lifting.

his biggest problem is he already showed everything he has in the office. all these other characters are just doing michael scott ticks and mannerisms

Munson

I don't think he was bad in the Stewart movie, I think the movie just wasn't super well written. Like it was very niche and trying to make a very specific point about our politics which, I got enough enough entertainment out of because it's up my alley, but even I could tell it wasn't gonna be a super entertaining movie for people. The SuperPac line was an LOL moment for me though.

I think Carrell has just made some weird choices of movies lately tbh.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds