Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

meh I wasn't a big comic movie fan until last year when I did every single marvel movie in chronological order.  took a few weeks but was really fun.

SD

Quote from: Rome on December 26, 2020, 03:15:45 PM
WW84 was unbelievably awful in every way.  My god.

I was gonna watch this this morning but every single review I've seen has been brutal so passing for now. DC has such great characters but their movies are brutal. WW1 was the best of the bunch and I'd only rank that as a mid tier marvel film

Quote from: phattymatty on December 26, 2020, 06:13:35 PM
meh I wasn't a big comic movie fan until last year when I did every single marvel movie in chronological order.  took a few weeks but was really fun.

Favorite film after watching it in order? If I'm bored on the weekends and it's late I eat an edible and watch Thor Ragnarok.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 26, 2020, 06:07:43 PM
i watched the first one basically to jerk off to gal gadot and the first 1:30 of it was actually watchable for a super hero movie....it then falls apart in an orgy of CGI stupidity...but whatever you think of it you must agree it was so god damn long

then i looked yesterday at the new ones running time to see if id give it a shot and its somehow 10 minutes LONGER....like is that even possible

My daughter said she'd rather watch Gal Gadot sing "Imagine" again for two straight hours than watch WW84 again.   And my daughter isn't mean like I am either.  It was just that bad, like in top ten worst movies ever.

Rome

And I've said it before but Watchmen is my favorite superhero movie.  That's a DC jawn but it's really the only "DC movie" I'll re-watch.  Nolan's Batman movies don't count btw.  They're in a class of their own.

MDS

do you dorks ever watch good movies or just ones about comic books and light sabers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 27, 2020, 10:18:23 AM
do you dorks ever watch good movies or just ones about comic books and light sabers

Art is subjective. The sooner you learn that the better your life will be.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 27, 2020, 08:09:51 AM
And I've said it before but Watchmen is my favorite superhero movie.  That's a DC jawn but it's really the only "DC movie" I'll re-watch.  Nolan's Batman movies don't count btw.  They're in a class of their own.

yeah Nolan's Batman's are awesome...really the only ones I could get thru much less rewatch...number one they are Nolan but also Batman isn't really a superhero...he's just a dood with some gadgets...basically Batman is James Bond with a costume...nor are any of his villains special...also is there any cgi in them?...if there is it's minimal which always makes for a better movie

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on December 27, 2020, 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: MDS on December 27, 2020, 10:18:23 AM

Art is subjective. The sooner you learn that the better your life will be.

theres nothing artistic about cgi, a cape and a terrible script
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Rome on December 26, 2020, 03:15:45 PM
WW84 was unbelievably awful in every way.  My god.

Gave in and watched this last night. Extremely low expectations going in...it's way worse than I could have imagined. I thought it would be bad like Aquaman...but it's several notches worse. All time bad even. I was going to turn it off after the first 20 minutes and the dumb mall scene but Gadot in a WW costume kept me watching. You don't see her in that outfit again for like 2 hours. The film just gets increasingly worse as it goes on. It's the monkeys paw story mixed with WW. They must have raided wardrobe from the Cats set for Wiig.

MDS

never rarely sometimes always - an exceptional story about a 17 year old girl from pennsyltucky going to ny with her friend to get an abortion. you will be angry and depressed and somewhat hopeful all at the same time. small deal but its a pg-13 story, i guess intentionally, to make it more palatable for teenagers to watch who all needed to see this. reminded me of four months three weeks and two days, this outrageously good romanian movie about a woman trying to get one in the 80s when the country was communist. farg pro lifers to the ends of the earth. this is on hbomax go watch now. 5/5

first cow - unbelievably boring to the point i quit halfway through

soul - another pixar homerun. just a beautiful film about what it means to be alive with some great music thrown in. legit funny...like multiple jokes that kill. usually these movies have cute jokes that get a chuckle but i was legit cracking up at a bunch. 4/5

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 01, 2021, 10:34:11 AM

soul - another pixar homerun. just a beautiful film about what it means to be alive with some great music thrown in. legit funny...like multiple jokes that kill. usually these movies have cute jokes that get a chuckle but i was legit cracking up at a bunch. 4/5

Not bad. Thought the Soul world parts dragged a bit but music and message were outstanding.

SD

The King of Staten Island wasn't half bad

MDS

greenland - watched this with some people thinking it was going to be a mindless disaster movie we could laugh it. instead it was...a dark kind of depressing story about a preposterous fragment of a comet magically hitting earth in a world evidently without scientists or social media. morena baccarin would still get it. completely random bit part for hope davis and roy from the office. a stupid movie that is more pointless than horrible which really defeats the purpose. 1.5/5

king of staten island - like all apatow movies just too long and disjointed. marisa tomei disappeared for an hour. bill burr shows up, is a side character then the last third of the movie hes in every scene. pete davidson was actually pretty good but he was playing himself and i very much question if he can do anything else. overall it was fine. kinda funny but not overtly funny. 2.5/5

con air - i have seen this in bits and pieces over the years many times but never like sat down and watched it straight through. its without a doubt the most enjoyable action movie of the 90s. just missing tits, has literally everything else you could ask for out of something like this. 4.5/5

ice grillin you

one night in Miami is farging fantastic and should win the Oscar...Regina king is going to have a hell of a second career
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The Little Things was pretty damn good.

Isabel Arraiza 😍😍😍

Frank Sobotka and Brianna Barksdale with supporting roles.