Which ended worse?

Started by SD, January 12, 2011, 03:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Philly sports teams season was most painful for you?

Flyers- Leighton lets up a softy - Hawks win the Cup
2 (14.3%)
Phillies - Howard stands like a statue as strike 3 is called, Giants go on to win the World Series
10 (71.4%)
Eagles- Vick throws an awful TD pass
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SunMo

i really don't understand how this is debatable.

the Flyers one lost them a championship...this isn't rocket science people.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

How did it lose them a championship when there would've been a game 7?

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on January 13, 2011, 04:04:10 PM
i really don't understand how this is debatable.

Let me be the first to welcome our newest member SunMo.

SunMo

Quote from: reese125 on January 13, 2011, 04:13:40 PM
How did it lose them a championship when there would've been a game 7?

they were in the championship round as opposed to a non-championship round.  but you understood that, i feel confident in that.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don't rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 13, 2011, 02:29:40 PM
I like the Flyers, I just don't like hockey.

rooting for them when they do good and not caring when they do bad is not liking them

Quote from: MDS on January 13, 2011, 02:41:25 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 13, 2011, 02:18:18 PM
if you liked the flyers trust me theyd be number one

how can someone named michael leighton giving up a terrible goal on OT be more crushing that an 125 million dollar fat strike prone first baseman who hadnt hit a home run in 16 years let alone get a hit strike out with the tying running in scoring position in game 6 of the nlcs?

you knew both were inevitable. 

again i dont give a farg about individual players and who farged up what...i care about championships and the flyers were much closer to one

but i would still argue that both were inevitable...there wasnt a flyer fan on the planet that didnt think they were going to a game seven when hartnell scored tht miracle goal...it went right in step with the rest of their run...shootout win to just get in...beat their ultimate nemises the devils then came back from 0-3 down...you really think anyone was thinking when they tied it with a minute left that "oh shtein heres comes a leighton softie"...farg no...we were thinking here we go again this team is ridiculous...game seven is ON

ask me now if it surprises me that leighton did what he did and i tell you no...but at the time it was a far worse ending

also choke i had zero confidence in...did i think he was going to go down looking...of course not...and individually taking all the other factors out of it that was a worse way to lose a game than leighton...but as far as the teams go the flyers loss was much more devastating
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it just cant be

no matter if youre a 4 for 4 guy or just an eagles bandwagon fan hockey doesnt mean as much as baseball
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

They're both pretty damn worthless.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i have much more respect for gf...hes a bottom line guy....lil guy likes to promote his hatred of hockey......you dont have to like it but shut the farg up about it

MDS

its not about what you or i think

look at the general interest levels of each team and each sport
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah i dont care about anyone that isnt four for four

MDS

well then i guess you and a lot of black people arent gonna talk anymore

mussa

1 -  Flyers. Thought they were destined after that amazing comeback.

2 - Eagles. This season was so unexpected and the magic Vick had all year, I thought for sure they could beat any team, except maybe Patriots or Steelers.

3 - Phillies . The Giants were the better team last year. Phils blew their load in September.

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 14, 2011, 01:21:02 AM
well then i guess you and a lot of black people arent gonna talk anymore

i mean ill conversate with non 4 for 4'ers....ill even hang out with them...its not like i want you to die...but if you did i would not be mad if you ended up in hell

reese125

Something drastic has happened here between these 2 since FF's video.