Jalen Reagor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 23, 2020, 10:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2020jreagor.php

QuoteReagor is a speed demon who is a true home run hitter with mismatch speed. The ultra fast wideout can take the top off of a defense and is a threat to score anytime he touches the ball, similar to DeSean Jackson, Marquise 'Hollywood' Brown or Will Fuller. Reagor uses his speed to create separation and shows a nice ability to track the ball downfield. For a speed receiver who lacks size, he looks comfortable with defenders around him and does not seem to get afraid of hits coming his direction. Even though Reagor isn't a big receiver, he does a nice job of positioning himself to make contested catches.

Team sources say Reagor has no clue how to run a route and will need to be coached up on that. He has above average hands for a smaller speed receiver, but drops passes once in awhile. While being a dangerous receiver, Reagor also brings added value on special teams because he could be a dynamic returner in the NFL.

Reagor is worthy of being a late first-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, but he probably will get selected in the second round. He could be a game-changing receiver as a pro.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hunt

i don't even watch college football...but he sounds like exactly what they need.  hopefully it will work out.

hunt

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2020jjefferson.php

since some are queefing about reagor over jefferson:

QuoteWhile Jefferson is not a burner, he has enough quickness to get downfield and challenge defenses. He is a weapon to work the sideline and be tough wideout to defend on back shoulder, fades and slants.

Jefferson may not be a big separation receiver as a pro because he may not have elite speed to run by pro cornerbacks. He could be better off as a No. 2 receiver playing off a No. 1 and taking advantage of single coverage. It would help Jefferson to add some strength and fill out his frame for the next level.

Diomedes

I'm talking myself into Reagor as the morning wears on.

Can't run a route, drops the ball a lot....sounds like an Eagle to me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on April 24, 2020, 08:29:31 AM
https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2020jjefferson.php

since some are queefing about reagor over jefferson:

QuoteWhile Jefferson is not a burner, he has enough quickness to get downfield and challenge defenses. He is a weapon to work the sideline and be tough wideout to defend on back shoulder, fades and slants.

Jefferson may not be a big separation receiver as a pro because he may not have elite speed to run by pro cornerbacks. He could be better off as a No. 2 receiver playing off a No. 1 and taking advantage of single coverage. It would help Jefferson to add some strength and fill out his frame for the next level.

said all this last night....Jefferson was my least valued WR out of the 1/2 round guys...he's a much better JJAW or Mack hollins and reagor is a much worse DeSean Jackson...the eagles don't need another go up and get the ball guy...they need someone to open up the offense although you could argue they need both
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

The Cuz may have a heart attack.  I can hear him frothing at the mouth about last night.

General_Failure

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 24, 2020, 10:27:35 AM
The Cuz may have a heart attack.  I can hear him frothing at the mouth about last night.

Greatest pick ever, then.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

How could the son of a professional football player not know how to run a route?

I hated the pick and even I think that is idiotic. 

SD

smeags

not a bad pick if he learns to hold onto the ball better.

I mean, the law of averages says they have to get it right at wideout in draft one of these years, why not 2020 ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

I'm with igy on the argument that the Eagles need a dude who stretches the field, not a jump ball guy.  I don't know shtein about any of these kids because I don't watch college ball, but from what I saw last night and have read since, I think it's fair to say Jefferson is more the latter and Reagor the former. 

If Reagor has the speed--and it appears that he does--to run by the defense, then the team got better even if he's not very productive himself.  You know GodErtz and Sanders will make hay in the sunny, open spaces Reagor clears out for them, at least. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

on another level its a smart move because as good a wr draft as it is it is ladened with slot guys so they went for a guy that can play the outside and stretch the field because they know if they wanna go wr again today there probably isnt going to be an opportunity to get an X receiver who can run
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

https://youtu.be/6n9F6ENbrr4

5:35 the play Reagor makes on the screen against Baylor is pretty exciting...11 has the angle, should be able to force him out before the score but Reagor is too f'n fast

Eagaholic

Obviously there are things the Birds brain trust liked about Reagor but it is also possible there could be something they saw and didn't like about Jefferson as well.

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2020, 01:27:39 PM
I'm with igy on the argument that the Eagles need a dude who stretches the field, not a jump ball guy. 
If Reagor has the speed--and it appears that he does--to run by the defense, then the team got better even if he's not very productive himself.  You know GodErtz and Sanders will make hay in the sunny, open spaces Reagor clears out for them, at least.

Excellent points!  So true Dio, if Reagor is a 4.2 guy, HOLY shtein!  He can stretch the field and open the field for the two cripples Pimp and AJ, shtein even Arcega-Stonehands, throw in Ertz, Goedert, Sanders, this is looking better.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.