War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

QuoteAn Iranian military commander said that his country has detailed contingency plans to strike nearly three dozen U.S. military bases in the region should Iran be attacked, local media reported Wednesday.

So the threat is that they will attack us if we attack them? Those barbarians. Don't they know to just roll over and accept the bombing of their factories and schools? Based on your comments, I thought they must have done something super hostile, like writing a computer virus to destroy our nuclear infrastructure or something.

Rome

I appreciate the sarcasm but they're the ones building the bomb.  We've had it for 70 years and could have wiped them out numerous times.  Conversely they've all but promised to wipe us out when they get the opportunity and forget Israel.

So who's the barbarians again?

QB Eagles

Iran can't wipe us out with or without nuclear weapons. We know that and they know that. These guys didn't stay in power for 30 years by being suicidal. They want nukes to project diplomatic power in the region and to avoid suffering the fate of the last guy who cut a deal with the West to stop building bombs.

All I'm saying is everyone gets freaked out when an Iranian politician or general says they will respond militarily after being attacked by someone else (which is typically what *any* country does, right?). Meanwhile our politicians routinely discuss preemptively striking Iran, or toppling their regime, or assisting Israel with a preemptive strike. You know they hear that talk, right? That's not the kind of talk that makes them want to give up nuclear weapons. It makes them want to be like North Korea and get that shtein before someone attacks them.

Diomedes

^^^

I could not agree more.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Of course not.  We're at fault.  National self-loathing should replace baseball as our pastime.

Diomedes

Have another drink you miserable farg.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I was sober there.  Now, not so much.

Beer pong Io the death?

ice grillin you

seriously iran puffing their chest out is about as newsworthy as one of their scientists getting assasinated and isreal claiming they had nothing to do with it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I don't know man.  They said they have detailed plans for retaliation if they are attacked.

If that isn't just cause to kill a few hundred thousand Iranians, then nothing is.  Send in the drones.

ice grillin you

the irony is that more than maybe any other muslim country iranian citizens really like and look up to the US....probably because its one of the few weve never bombed or based troops in

i actually want iran to get nucleur weapons...it pretty much guarantees we will never have a war with them...no better deterrent to war than nukes...in fact since the advent of nucleur weapons no two countries have ever warred and had nukes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

nm

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 06, 2012, 08:53:40 AM
the irony is that more than maybe any other muslim country iranian citizens really like and look up to the US....probably because its one of the few weve never bombed or based troops in

i actually want iran to get nucleur nuclear weapons...it pretty much guarantees we will never have a war with them...no better deterrent to war than nukes...in fact since the advent of nucleur nuclear weapons no two countries have ever warred and had nukes

I don't know about that, but I've always wondered why the U.S. government thinks it's up to them to decide who get nukes and who doesn't. What gives us the right? It's ironic that the only country who has actually used nuclear weapons on an enemy is supposed to be the country who decides what countries can have them.

Diomedes

Iran is no where near making nukes, enough of this war talk.  War freaks.

shorebird

Yeah, and they never will if the United States has anything to do with it.

Diomedes

If Israel has anything to do with it, they'll wipe Iran off the face of the earth.