War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Rome

The only explanation I can offer for this administration attacking Iran would be that they've totally lost their minds or they really do want to bring about the extinction of the planet.

Do they really believe Russia & China wouldn't retaliate on behalf of Iran if we attacked?

Jesus. . . 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nuclear holocaust scares me more and more every day.

SD_Eagle5

[JFC] Those ragheads are gonna get themselves eradicated

Drunkmasterflex

We are in no position to attack anybody at this point.  The thing that pisses me off is that this is the country we should have invaded almost 5 years ago.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

you're farging crazy.  the U.S. should have invaded no one.  9/11 was a crime by a gang of criminals, not an act of war by a country...you hunt down the criminals and bring them to justice like the civilized people we claim to be

invading is cowboy and gung ho and both of those are STUPID
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

we should have put 250,000 troops shoulder to shoulder in southern afghanistan and marched up thru hindu kush until every last member of al queda (and the taliban if they intereferred) was killed...end of story
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Philly Crew

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 21, 2007, 09:59:25 PM
The only explanation I can offer for this administration attacking Iran would be that they've totally lost their minds or they really do want to bring about the extinction of the planet.

Do they really believe Russia & China wouldn't retaliate on behalf of Iran if we attacked?

Jesus. . . 

I certainly don't want an attack on Iran, but I don't think Russia and China would retaliate.  They would howl and scream at the U.N. and send money and weapons to Iran.
I'm bringing sexy back

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 22, 2007, 08:43:16 AM
we should have put 250,000 troops shoulder to shoulder in southern afghanistan and marched up thru hindu kush until every last member of al queda (and the taliban if they intereferred) was killed...end of story

The TRUTH...Problem is would that have looked worse in the minds of Muslims? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: Philly Crew on August 22, 2007, 09:16:44 AM
I certainly don't want an attack on Iran, but I don't think Russia and China would retaliate.  They would howl and scream at the U.N. and send money and weapons to Iran.

Right - that's why they just held a joint military exercise together.

Iran is strategically critical to both countries.  China has sold them a lot of their nuclear technology and Russia has long been an ally of theirs.

If we attack, they'll retaliate and we'll have no choice but to retaliate against them.  Wars have started over less.  Much less.

ice grillin you

Problem is would that have looked worse in the minds of Muslims?

worse than what?

the radicals would have hated us regardless....the rest fo the world would have understood...remember at the time everyone was sympathizing with us...even countries like iraq and syria....

of course there would have been the ancillary civilian casualties but in general we would have been going after our attackers and heads would have reconciled that...not to mention it would have been a very powerful statement...farg with us and youre getting wiped out...whether you be a rogue terrorist organization or an entire country

oooh but there was mountains and "rough terrain"...one of my favorite buzz phrases..."rough terrain"...wtf!?!!?....we can put a satelite on motherfarging pluto but our army cant operate in a mountainous region...is it rougher than walking and driving the sniper and ied filled streets of iraq?

Seabiscuit36

Afghanistans Terrain is nothing compared to Irans.  But i do understand the Terrain issues the US had with Afghanistan, I do agree it would have been easier had they just dropped half a million soldiers there and did entire sweeps. 

ice grillin you

Afghanistans Terrain is nothing compared to Irans

you mean mountians and deserts arent the same thing?

Phanatic

Yup. Should have focused on Afghanistan and the mountains over by Pakistan. They should probably still be doing that.

Iraq is a distraction and has nothing to do with the "war on terror". Then again, how do you wage war on a tactic? Call it "the war on fundementalist extremists" or something.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!