War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I don't know how accurate that is, but the fact that his two vetoes will be against Stem Cell Research and Pulling Out the Troops makes me tingle with the angries.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Yeah, I am mistaken.  Senate is debating the deadline, haven't passed it.

Bush needs to be face punched.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

QuoteHe said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

How much does a 20 megaton nuclear weapon cost again?

(Not advocating this course of action, btw.)

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

but the fact that his two vetoes will be against Stem Cell Research and Pulling Out the Troops makes me tingle with the angries.

bush likes people to die
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20070317-1118-iran-nuclearreactor.html

Russia halts construction of nuclear reactor, apparently due to no payments by Iranians. Iran says it's due to UN pressure.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Cerevant

Ah, Bush will probably sign the law, with a signing statement that says something like "By pulling the troops out, I mean that 1000 troops will come home to much media fan fare and pro-republican publicity, after which I'll send another 30,000 over."
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Seabiscuit36

QuoteCaptived British sailors seen on Iranian-run TV
Tony Blair's government protests showing as 'completely unacceptable'
By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press

Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Faye Turney, 26, the only woman among the British sailors seized by Iran, appears in this image made from an Iranian state-run television station broadcast.

AP/APTN, courtesy of Al-Alam
TEHRAN, Iran -- Iranian state TV showed video today of the 15 British sailors and marines who were seized last week, including a female captive who wore a white tunic and a black head scarf and said the British boats "had trespassed" in Iranian waters.

The British government protested Iran's broadcast of the captured crew as "completely unacceptable." The British military had earlier released what it called proof that its boats were in the territorial waters of Iraq -- not Iran -- when they were seized.

"Obviously we trespassed into their waters," British sailor Faye Turney said on the video broadcast by Al-Alam, an Arabic-language, Iranian state-run television station that is carried across the Middle East.

"They were very friendly and very hospitable, very thoughtful, nice people. They explained to us why we've been arrested, there was no harm, no aggression," she said.

Turney, 26, was shown eating with sailors and marines. At another point, she was seen sitting in a room with a floral curtains, smoking a cigarette.

"My name is leading sailman Faye Turney. I come from England. I have served in Foxtrot 99. I've been in the navy for nine years," she said.

Turney was the only person to be shown speaking in the video.

It also showed what appeared to be a handwritten letter from Turney to her family. The letter said, in part, "I have written a letter to the Iranian people to apologize for us entering their waters."

The video also showed a brief scene of what appeared to be the British crew sitting in an Iranian boat in open waters immediately after their capture.

Before the video was broadcast, a spokesman for British Prime Minister Tony Blair said any showing of British personnel on TV would be a breach of the Geneva Conventions.

"It's completely unacceptable for these pictures to be shown on television," the British Foreign Office said in a statement after the broadcast. "There is no doubt our personnel were seized in Iraqi territorial waters."

The statement also demanded that British diplomats be given immediate access to them as a "prelude" to their release.

Britain earlier said it was freezing most contacts with Iran until it freed all the crew members.

Britain's military said its vessels were 1.7 nautical miles inside Iraqi waters when Iran seized the sailors and marines on Friday after they completed a search of a civilian vessel in the Iraqi part of the Shatt al-Arab waterway. The border between Iran and Iraq has been disputed for centuries.

Vice Adm. Charles Style told reporters that the Iranians had provided a position on Sunday -- a location that he said was in Iraqi waters. By Tuesday, Iranian officials had given a revised position two miles east, placing the British inside Iranian waters -- a claim he said was not verified by global positioning system coordinates.

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Phanatic

Iran: Britain must admit navy trespassed http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070329/ap_on_re_mi_ea/british_seized_iran_125

All this over a mile and a half mistake....

Mottaki said that if the alleged entry into Iranian waters was a mistake "this can be solved. But they have to show that it was a mistake. That will help us to end this issue."

"Admitting the mistake will facilitate a solution to the problem," he said late Wednesday night in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where he was attending an Arab summit.

It was the first time that Iran has publicly suggested a way to resolve the crisis, but British acquiescence appeared unlikely as the country has been insisting since the crisis began that its troops were in Iraqi waters and released a GPS readout on Wednesday to back up the claim.

Britain's military said the readout proved the Royal Navy personnel were seized 1.7 nautical miles inside Iraqi waters. But in the interview, Mottaki said Iran had GPS devices from the British boats that showed they were in Iranian territory

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

mussa

hmmm, ya think a warning over the radio would of been a better way to handle things. fargin iranians.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

its not looking good, Ahmenjhad(sp?) is looking for a way to provoke the US. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

all they have to do is say it was a mistake and the thing ends.  Instead it will be nuclear war.   Humans are smart.

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on March 29, 2007, 09:45:06 AM
hmmm, ya think a warning over the radio would of been a better way to handle things. fargin iranians.

do you really think the Brits would have simply issued a warning over the radio?  gimme a break...they'd have done the same....and you'd be saying 'farging iranians should've stayed in their own water'

what's good for the goose....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

I dont for a second believe the Iranians, or the Brits.  The problem is you have contested waters, The brits definitely had been in their waters at one point, what i didnt like was the British naval officer already wearing a scarf and saying they were in Iranian water. 

rjs246

That scarf makes me pretty angry too. Limey twat.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.