War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

How pathetic is it that I started this thread over a year ago and there has been ZERO positive progress between the US an Iran.   Great job Bush administation!

Seabiscuit36

2 crazy people have a hard time talking im thinking
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

since the other pic disappeared

mussa

I think the real way to end this conflict is to go back to the medieval days. everyone put down the guns, tanks, airplanes and pick up some swords, axes and spears and have a great big bloody battle. and have it all televised so i can watch.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

And then sell it at "400"

Diomedes

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 23, 2007, 11:43:24 AM
2 crazy people have a hard time talking im thinking

Don't get it twisted...Ahmadinejad is not Iran's equivalent to Bush.  He's the President in title, but the roles and powers they exert are vastly different.  He doesn't control the Army, for example.

And the U.S. isn't talking to Iran at all...they're talking obliquely through the UN, the media, other countries....at best.  There is no direct contact thanks to the current White House.

Bush and his gang of weapons makers, oilmen, and private contractors prefer war to reason.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Ahmandinejad is losing his own country which might be why the Us Govt hasnt pushed talks, i hope. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 23, 2007, 11:58:00 AM
Ahmandinejad is losing his own country

But Bush really has the support of the American people at this point... and he's earned it too!

Seabiscuit36

MURP

link      :paranoid

QuoteMOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf.

The USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006.

The U.S. is also sending Patriot anti-missile systems to the region.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm a little detached from the world right now (yes, more than usual).  Just went through the lobby of my hotel, and saw Bushy whining about something Congress was doing to him.  What's up?

SunMo

he has to clean his room or he's not going to Little League tonight
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

He's whining about the 'arbitrary' date that Congress just approved for a full pull-out from Iraq.

Of course, the 'arbitrary' date is right before the presidential election which means that one of two things can happen:
1. The troops are pulled out and the Democrats can claim victory right as people are finalizing their voting decision.
2. The troops don't go anywhere (since this will never be approved by the Senate) and the Democrats can point and say "Look at how we tried to get the troops out but these thugs forced them to stay," right as people are finalizing their voting decision.

For a meaningless gesture, it was politically brilliant.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on March 28, 2007, 11:46:38 AM(since this will never be approved by the Senate)

I may be wrong, but didn't the Senate let the deadline part of the bill stand?  I think they're gonna send a spending bill to Bush that he'll veto because of the deadline.  It would be only his second ever veto, iirc (first was on stem cells).
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger