War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Event Horizon

QuoteIran has converted one of its most powerful ballistic missile into a satellite launch vehicle. The 30-ton rocket could also be a wolf in sheep's clothing for testing longer-range missile strike technologies, Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine reports in its Jan. 29 issue.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/IRAN01257.xml

Diomedes

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  We play with big guns, so do they.  It's the price you pay for playing war.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

It would be nice to have enough strength to defend ourselves and yet not feel the need to be the world's bully and/or policeman.

Diomedes

There's no doubt the U.S. is more than capable of defending itself.  The problem is the latter parts of your comment.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Giant Ray Guns Beeyotch
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2007, 01:09:48 PM
There's no doubt the U.S. is more than capable of defending itself.  The problem is the latter parts of your comment.

While Clinton was in office, he cut a lot of military and yet deployed the military to "help" places like Kosovo and Bosnia and Somalia.  These acts of good will were rewarded with a plot to attack the U.S.

Now, Bush started an overblown war with Iraq instead of a covert attempt to undermine the terrorist pockets in the Middle East, and they all hate us even more and are gaining strength.

I mean... why can't we just stay out of everyone else's business for a while and focus on playing defense and getting things right at home?

Phanatic

I'm all for a working missile defense system. Unlike the bullshtein the gov is funding right now...

But really if Iran could launch a Nuke right now I have no doubt that Israel gets it first...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

ice grillin you

the problem is we go where we arent needed (iraq) and ignore the places that require our help the most (darfur)

see the thing is tho we like to kill people more than we like to save them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2007, 01:59:23 PM
see the thing is tho we like to kill people more than we like to save them

That's pretty much a true comment about humans in general.

Diomedes

But especially so about the U.S. 

Cerevant

Iran: Giant achievements coming soon
QuoteThe Iranian news agency said an upcoming dramatic announcement on Iran's nuclear "rights" would be made on February 11. The report was accompanied by a series of announcements heralding alleged Iranian technological and medical breakthroughs, including an "AIDS cure."
Quote"The Iranian president also reiterated that February 11 is the day when the Iranian nation's inalienable right to access and use nuclear technology will be established," the agency added.
*shudder*
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They're curing AIDS with nuclear weapons by getting all the AIDS-infected people in the world to Borneo or some shtein and bombing the hell out of it with the nukes.

Seabiscuit36

The AIDS cure is to not have secksual relations
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons