War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on December 04, 2006, 09:44:12 AM
John Bolton is a loser.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/04/bolton.resignation.ap/index.html

Agreed.  Never understood why Bush appointed someone as UN Ambassador that believes the organization should be abolished.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Diomedes

What's to be confused about?  That's Bush's position, too.  The neocons and whacko christianists hate the UN.  It's plain as day why they put him in there..as an insult to the UN and international diplomacy generally.  U.S. does whatever it wants is the message. 

Now that he's out, he can return to speechifying on the merits of bombing the UN.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

PoopyfaceMcGee

I was just about to post this.

I shudder to think about the worldwide repercussions if nuclear weapons are launched anywhere.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 07, 2007, 10:58:40 AM

I shudder to think about the worldwide repercussions if nuclear weapons are launched anywhere.

A tactical nuclear/bunker buster is entirely different from a straight up nuclear missile.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 07, 2007, 04:06:35 PM

A tactical nuclear/bunker buster is entirely different from a straight up nuclear missile.

Just the word "nuclear" attached would make it a monumental disaster.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 07, 2007, 04:12:23 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 07, 2007, 04:06:35 PM

Just the word "nuclear" attached would make it a monumental disaster.

I know, but all I am saying that it is very different.  But people just tend to read headlines and not look at the whole story.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

I don't care how whiz bang the new bombs are, a nuclear bomb is a nuclear bomb is a nuclear bomb.

End of farging story.

hbionic

End of World.

Better start buying bottled water, tents, water purifiers, instant food and check out 'how to live with radiation' at your local library.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phillymic2000

Let's see a country close to us is threating over and over to wipe us off the face of the earth, my country better damn sure have some plans to take out their weaapons making capability. But then again it is Israel.

Seabiscuit36

Im with you Philly Mic, you need plans but the simple fact its Israel scares everyone because they just dont care what other countries think.  They are reaching the point when the US cant hold them back anymore. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Philly_Crew

Quote from: hbionic on January 08, 2007, 12:18:24 AM
End of World.

Better start buying bottled water, tents, water purifiers, instant food and check out 'how to live with radiation' at your local library.

Not for the U.S.  But I bet we better get used to riding bikes since we won't be getting any oil from Iran or Venezuela anytime soon.

Geowhizzer