War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magical_Retard

so hezbollah for the past few 6 months or so has been asking for prisoner release....doesnt happen (although israel has done it 2 times b4). lets not forget israel almost at will can capture 100s of lebanese ppl on suspicion or whatever and hold them as long as they want....as of now they have 1000s prisoners comprised of Palestinian and Lebanese citizens....some of them children and women. so hezbollah captures 2 SOLDIERS and asks for thier citizens back and this is the response? where as in the past they have done a prisoner release?

hezbollah is beyond dumb as they knew sooner or later israel would react like this and i dont get thier motivation if they really wanted thier prisoners back. they know the world doesnt give a rats ass for "arab"  life compared to israelis. so why even provoke this? its thierp ppl suffering now cas israel can do god damn anything and brush it under the label "defense from terrah". lebanon was finally on its way to rebuilding and beriut was finally regaining its prominence as one of the best cities in the ME.

both sides are at fault but for 2 Soldiers Israel is willing to do this. and im sure Hezbollah feels justified when they doing this for 1000s of ppl imprisoned by Israel.

oh yeah i love the media....dont remember the exact quote but it went like this (i think from cnn)..."and the violence and death toll continues to escalate on both sides...our latest casualties figures show 2 Israeli Soldiers dead and 50 Lebanese Civilians dead".....real nice way to equate the two sides.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

phillymic2000

Quote from: Philly Crew on July 14, 2006, 10:44:33 AM
I'm torn on this because I don't want a full regional war but wouldn't be opposed to Israel knocking out Syria and taking out Iran's nuclear capability (if it can be found and reached).  Otherwise, I can't see Israel's end-game.  So they damage Lebanon and attempt to retrieve bodies, how does this prevent future missle attacks from Lebanon or Gaza?

ever since Israel gave back south lebanon they have had rocket attacks here and there. Israel IMO is not trying to start a regional war, but the constant words from Iran's leadership of wanting to wipe them off the planet and Iran's support of Hezbollah is forcing Israel to show force to makesure it is known they will not tolerate terrorism and there will be a price to pay for it.

Diomedes

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 14, 2006, 10:45:33 AMThe fact that you continue to throw "we are the civilized ones" argument up to defend the horrendous things that happen

Jesus Christ, you are one stupid motherfarger.   I have never "defended" torture of U.S. soldiers, or any other people.  I do assert that civilized people don't sink to their level.  The U.S. claims to be civilized.  So it shouldn't do that.  Pretty simple position, obviously too complex for you.

The rest of your post belongs in my fan club forum.  Insofar as you are more representative of America than I am, yes I hate America.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

QuoteIt's alright with you for the Israel to punish the innocent people of an entire country for the sake of a few dead soldiers and two kidnapped?  That's terrorist logic.  It's the same logic Osama used (remember him??) to take down the WTC.  Punish the people for what the government does.  Brilliant.

i am not going to tell you this does not effedt the general public of Lebanon, it does, it is a hardship. Holy crap Dio! Osama brought down a building during the work day to kill as many Civilians as possible. Israel has been hitting offices and buildings that are normally occupied during the early morning hours, they even dropped leaflets on the area to warn the civilians. How are the two the same?

phillymic2000

Ah yes reverting to name calling, I am suprised it took this long.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 14, 2006, 09:40:49 AM
for real...they invaded an entire friggin country...shooting up a crowd of a few innocent civilians wouldnt even blip the radar

You really are clueless, do you not watch the news at all.  Ask the Marines at Hiawatha if they can just go in and shoot civilians with reckless abdandon.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

I realize what Israel is doing may be excessive, but what are they supposed to do? They basically have a whole region against them, if they don't show they are willing to use extreme force they continue to make themselves' targets.  Much like the US in Iraq they are in a no win situation. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Diomedes

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 14, 2006, 10:54:25 AMi am not going to tell you this does not effedt the general public of Lebanon, it does, it is a hardship.
You call bombing out bridges, airports, and highways, blockading sea traffic, a "hardship?"  That's no real surprise coming from a guy who thinks banning torture amounts to "being PC."  But Jesus Christ, man..these people need food, water, fuel.  Bridges, airports, highways and boats are kinda key for getting those things.

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 14, 2006, 10:54:25 AM
How are the two the same?

Can you read??  [You certainly can't spell or type.]  I said the logic was the same, not the method.  Terrorists punish the innocent for what the guilty have done.  Israel isn't targeting civilians outright..they're just making it real farging difficult to be one.  Can't move, can't get vital supplies.  Hell, many have to become refugees from their cities and flee into the countryside, living in tents.  So yeah, they havn't blown them up, they've just blown up those things that they require to survive.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on July 14, 2006, 10:57:39 AMAsk the Marines at Hiawatha if they can just go in and shoot civilians with reckless abdandon.

If they answered honestly, they'd say "yeah, you can kill all the sand stillupfronts you want.  just don't get caught."

phillymic2000

Ok, I hear you on the logic. I do not have an issue with their response to shut down the country. I am being serious with this question, and I probably should have asked this earlier. With the Hezbollah attack on Israel what would you have considered a valid response from Israel?

ice grillin you

You really are clueless, do you not watch the news at all.  Ask the Marines at Hiawatha if they can just go in and shoot civilians with reckless abdandon.

you said they dont do it because the rest of the world would go crazy if they did

i said the rest of the world wouldnt even blink at it if they did

i never said they could or were allowed to do it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

QuoteYou call bombing out bridges, airports, and highways, blockading sea traffic, a "hardship?"  That's no real surprise coming from a guy who thinks banning torture amounts to "being PC."  But Jesus Christ, man..these people need food, water, fuel.  Bridges, airports, highways and boats are kinda key for getting those things.

Yes it is a hardship, If no other countries get involved militarily then this conflict will end in a few days with the UN and others calming everyone down, Israel will pull back it's troops., and will show the region they mean buisness, and will not be bullied.

Diomedes

How about a much, much smaller military campaign?
How about an appeal to the international community to apply political pressure?
How about do nothing drastic right away and see what happens?
Who about do nothing?  Seriously.  When someone says "give peace a chance," that's not just a sound byte.  Peace hasn't been given a chance..that's why people like Jesus suggest maybe we give it a try.  Remember him, Mr. Torture supporter? Pretty sure you show up all pious at church on Sunday, why don't you ask him the next time you're there?  I'll wager he'd say "do no harm."

Nothing I offer will appease you, because you want war.  You want bombs dropping and bullies pushing.  You're an American.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Diomedes on July 14, 2006, 11:17:11 AM
How about a much, much smaller military campaign?
How about an appeal to the international community to apply political pressure?
How about do nothing drastic right away and see what happens?
Who about do nothing?  Seriously.  When someone says "give peace a chance," that's not just a sound byte.  Peace hasn't been given a chance..that's why people like Jesus suggest maybe we give it a try.  Remember him, Mr. Torture supporter? Pretty sure you show up all pious at church on Sunday, why don't you ask him the next time you're there?  I'll wager he'd say "do no harm."

Nothing I offer will appease you, because you want war.  You want bombs dropping and bullies pushing.  You're an American.

Man can't even get away from name calling when asked a serious question ???

Ok a smaller campaign would be a resonable option.

Appeal to the international community would do nothing and I think you know that, the UN moved to condem Israel on this matter but we veto'd that. The UN did not chose to condem Hezbollah or Lebanon, only Israel.

Nothing drastic, Israel is concerned for it's soldiers well being and after seeing what terrorists did/do to our soldiers in Iraq, I can't go for that.

Do nothing? Give peace a chance? Israel is not a lily white country and clean from wrong doing. The international community has pushed Israel to give up land that was captured by them during a previous war, Israel did by using their own soldiers to forcibly remove their own people to appease the international community, and this is the result of that. they gave back both southern lebanon in 2000, and Gaza last year thats not giving peace a chance? And it got them nothing but rockets being launched at their people and kidnappings.

Why is there this vision of Jesus and God as a hippie flower child. the old testament is full of vicious battles and actions by a jealous God. Jesus got violent himself John 2:15 (NIV):
Quote15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.
Jesus was a loving person, but called people on the carpet for their sins, and was what would be coinsidered today to be harsh and blunt at times.

I really do not want war man, I want to live a peaceful life, I got three kids that are under 5 years old and I want them to have happy and productive lives. I do understand what Extremist Islam is capable of doing:
QuoteWar is a blessing for the world and for all nations. It is God who incites men to fight and to kill. The Koran says, "Fight until all corruption and all rebellion have ceased." The wars the Prophet led against the infidels were a blessing for all humanity. Imagine that we soon will win the war. That will not be enough, for corruption and resistance to Islam will still exist. The Koran says, "War, war until victory!..." The mullahs with corrupt hearts who say that all this is contrary to the teachings of the Koran are unworthy of Islam. Thanks to God, our young people are now, to the limits of their means, putting God's commandments into action. They know that to kill the unbelievers is one of man's greatest missions.

Ayatollah Khomeini, Mohammed's birthday, 1984

QuoteThe Qur'an tells us: "not to make friendship with Jews and Christians" (5:51), "kill the disbelievers wherever we find them" (2:191), "murder them and treat them harshly" (9:123), "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" (9:5). The Qur'an demands that we fight the unbelievers, and promises "If there are twenty amongst you, you will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, you will vanquish a thousand of them" (8:65).

Institute for the Secularisation of Islamic Society

the "Mainstream Muslim" world is not doing enough IMO to speak out against this radical branch, and by everything I see they will not stop at wiping Israel out, everything these radicals say calls for world domination by Islam and stop at nothing to do it, so yes it does frighten me. If it takes bombs to stop it then so be it.

Diomedes

QuoteWitnesses say a flood of people are crossing into Gaza from Egypt after Palestinians blew a hole in a border wall at the Gaza-Egypt border, The Associated Press reports.

And "someone" said the missiles Hezbollah are firing were made in Iran, so CNN reported it.

This isn't ending soon.