War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Well they won't be able to fly him out in a jumbo liner ;D

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Your wrong, it's only half off. There are only rules for us, everyone else can do what they want to who they want.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 13, 2006, 10:18:15 PM
Your wrong, it's only half off. There are only rules for us, everyone else can do what they want to who they want.

That is true, but in my situation we definately have them.  Look at the current situation with the Marines in Iraq and the mess that has created.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Here is a good example of the rules going one way:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060714/ap_on_re_eu/g8_bush_2

QuoteST. PETERSBURG, Russia -        President Bush promised Lebanon's leader Friday that he would urge        Israel to avoid civilian casualties and damage as it steps up attacks on its neighbor.

ADVERTISEMENT

But Bush's promise to Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora fell short of the Lebanese leader's request for pressure for a cease-fire, according to an account from Saniora's office. The White House confirmed the call, but would provide no details of the discussions.

"President Bush affirmed his readiness to put pressure on Israel to limit the damage to Lebanon as a result of the current military action, and to spare civilians and innocent people from harm," the statement said.

Bush's call to Saniora as he flew here from Germany was part of a round of telephone diplomacy aimed at quelling the flare-up in violence in the Mideast. The president also spoke with allies Egyptian President        Hosni Mubarak and Jordan's King Abdullah II to discuss the violence in their neighborhood, the White House said.

Ok so good ol Bush is going to pressure Israel to spare civilians and the innocent from harm, I'm cool with that. But where in the Hell is the warning to Lebanon! For Israel's side they are attacking infastructure and militant targets (as far as is being reported) I know there has been some civilians killed in those attacks. Hezbollah since they struck have been launching missles into Israel with no ryhme or reason other then to kill. So WTF is Bush doing? How about pimp slapping Faud Saniora for letting Hezbollah control south Lebanon and attack Israel in the first place, f'n idiot, both of them. :boom

ice grillin you

actually an example of going one way would be tanks planes and ships vs people with guns
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Oh, I get it now, Terrorists who do not have tanks and warships, but have guns, missles, ied's, land mines, backing from Iran, Syria they can attack a country, kidnap that countries soliders and expect the entire world to come to their aid after the other country takes exception to that. Makes sense to me.

Diomedes

The scale of Israel's attack is simply not acceptable.  There are a lot of people in Lebanon.  A complete air and sea blockade is outrageous overkill.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 14, 2006, 08:59:09 AM

actually an example of going one way would be tanks planes and ships vs people with guns

What? I will give you a real life example, that we actually did yesterday.  I was part of an mock opposition force in rioting outside of an American FOB.  We started out just chanting and yelling at the American forces we then start to get restless and more aggressive eventually some take out rifles and start firing in the air.  Is it justifiable to use lethal force in that situation? The answer is no.  Part two they start firing towards the troops, what happens then?

Seabiscuit36

I look at what Bush said as a smart thing, if he comes out after Israel he looks like he's not siding with them, as opposed to being lumped in the same category as usual.  Obviously he wants to tell Lebanon/Syria and any other country in the middleeast to calm down but strategically its not the right time.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 14, 2006, 08:59:09 AM

This is what I was talking about. Of course these countries can't compete with the military powers of the world. So they've found a new way to fight the war. It's archaic to think that tanks and planes and ships will somehow beat down this type of guerilla warfare or that the countries with the large arms advantage somehow have an actual tactical advantage. Their mission isn't to fight and win military battles on a large scale. They know they can't do that. Their mission is to impart fear on a large scale. To let the powers that be know that they can infiltrate and attack whenever and whereever they want without regard to themselves or who they kill. It's a terrifying concept. An invisible enemy, consisting of an extremely small number of people who have no regard for their lives and who could literally strike anywhere they please because large militaries have not adjusted their tactics and think they are still fighting the Germans in 1945.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Oh, I get it now, Terrorists who do not have tanks and warships, but have guns, missles, ied's, land mines, backing from Iran, Syria they can attack a country, kidnap that countries soliders and expect the entire world to come to their aid after the other country takes exception to that

israel kidnaps and kills and palestinians and lebanese all the time and you hear nothing...now a couple israeli soldiers are kidnapped and all of a sudden its world war III???

and why do you label the arabs terrorists and the israelis soldiers?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on July 14, 2006, 09:21:13 AMPart two they start firing towards the troops, what happens then?

If you're Israel, you unload into the crowd.   Then you throw all the survivors into prison.  Then you scramble F-16s to bomb refugee camps and other "terrorist" "strongholds."  Next, you roll the tanks into whatever neighborhood the people came from and destroy their houses.  Finally, you send the bill to the U.S. and put in a replenishment order to replace all those bullets and bombs.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Israellis were the first terrorist in that region.  They started this in the 40's and 50's
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Also, it's stupid to call one side or the other 'terrorists'. Our leader has dubbed these small scale fighters terrorists simply because he is too simple to realize that the rules of warfare have changed. These 'terrorists' are simply a new kind of soldier. Fighting for an army that has found a way to be effective in spite of massive arms and financial disadvantages.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.