War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iran

So we offer them nuclear technology, and they still don't want to deal with the world. What next UN/EU? Should we just drop off some of our older Nuke's. No worries though.

Geowhizzer

phillymic2000

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iran

they want nothing to do with our offers, I guess that Bush's fault though ::)

Butchers Bill

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 27, 2006, 10:45:10 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/iran

they want nothing to do with our offers, I guess that Bush's fault though ::)

Agreed.

While he and his administration have caused several of the current problems we have, this is not one of them.  The one thing the US cannot do is strike Iran unilaterally.  Europe has to make a desicion on this one.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Rome

Europe will sit on its collective ass and wait for its good old Uncle Sammy to bail them out again.

Phanatic

It will be another 'UN' action but with US military and hardware. Just like the 'UN' no fly zones in Iraq before the 2nd war...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

ice grillin you

hezbollah kidnapped two more isreal soldiers....isreal is now into lebanon....once syria gets in its gonna be on!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Phanatic

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2006, 09:25:36 AM
hezbollah kidnapped two more isreal soldiers....isreal is now into lebanon....once syria gets in its gonna be on!!

Yeah if Syria gets in it Iran won't be far behind. WWIII looks a lot closer to reality.

rjs246

World War III is going on right now in the minds of much of the middle east.

The truth is that none of those podunk countries can touch the US in traditional armed conflict, so they've found a way to fight effectively without following the old rules of warfare. The US could end the whole thing in one glass-parking-lot-creating second, but the ramifications of that kind of action would be irreparable and the anti-American fighters know it. So they continue to wage a small scale war based on fear. And its working. Welcome to the new world war.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Phanatic

Yeah I think I heard Colin Powel saying that WWIII has been going on for the last 10 years or so.

ice grillin you

rules of warfare

oxymoron

ice grillin you

Israeli City Of Haifa Hit By Rocket Attack

Israeli officials say a rocket has hit the Israeli city of Haifa, according to a report from the Associated Press.

Earlier today, Brig. Gen. Yossi Baidatz, commander of the research arm of Israeli military intelligence, told a parliamentary committee that Hezbollah had about 100 missiles with a range of 25 to 44 miles, a participant in the meeting said.

That would put the cities of Haifa and Tiberias within range. The participant didn't name the missile.

Also, Iran may now be drawn into Israel's battle with its neighbors.

Israel has information that Lebanese guerrillas who captured two Israeli soldiers are trying to transfer them to Iran, the Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said Thursday.

Israel's army chief Brig. Gen. Dan Halutz warned that "nothing is safe" in Lebanon and said Beirut itself - particularly Hezbollah offices and residences - would be a target.

Hezbollah also has thousands of Katyusha rockets that have a range of about 12 miles, Baidatz said, according to the participant, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting was closed.

In the strikes on the northern Israeli towns, Hezbollah said it was using a rocket called Thunder 1 for the first time. The missiles appeared to be more advanced than the inaccurate Katyusha.

Israel intensified its attacks against Lebanon on Thursday, blasting Beirut's international airport and the southern part of the country in its heaviest air campaign against its neighbor in 24 years.

The shockwaves from the fighting began to be felt a day after Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid. Western countries, Russia and the United Nations called for restraint and demanded the soldiers be released.

The army launched an incursion into the Gaza Strip more than two weeks ago to search for another Israeli soldier who was captured by Hamas-linked militants.

Seabiscuit36

Supposedly the Captured Israeli soldiers are being smuggled into IRAN  :paranoid
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Magical_Retard

i guess attacking a intl airport in beirut really helps stop the militant.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!