War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 01, 2006, 05:01:41 PM

Too late.

Yeah, but half of them are armed with pitch-forks.  I still remember seeing a training video of their "Army" from the late 1960's where they would ride their horses into a nuclear battlefield.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

phillymic2000

Late 60's is a lot different then now, they are building their military non stop, while some politicians in our country wish to shrink ours.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Butchers Bill on June 01, 2006, 05:09:04 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 01, 2006, 05:01:41 PM

Too late.

Yeah, but half of them are armed with pitch-forks.  I still remember seeing a training video of their "Army" from the late 1960's where they would ride their horses into a nuclear battlefield.

At this point, China's military technology does not approach that of the U.S., but don't assume that China doesn't have sufficient firepower to cause devastating losses in a full-scale war.  Such a war is also likely to go nuclear.

What concerns me even more are the increasing coziness of China and Russia.  That could mark a division much similar to that of the Cold War.

Here is a website with some interesting articles on China.

Phanatic

China wants no part of a fight with us and we don't want any part of a fight with them. Both economies are so intertwined at this point we just have to except that we can't live without each other and move on. Sure they are going to become a world power as their economy needs resources and they need to protect their world wide interests. Just means that we won't be the only ones anymore. Get used to it. No reason for another cold war. Though there will probably be one.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

mussa

Quote from: hbionic on June 01, 2006, 03:51:44 PM
Quote from: mussa on June 01, 2006, 03:31:39 PMBoy I hope our leaders still realize that terrorist have done more harm to us in the now than any country.

What do you mean by that?

I mean terrorists are more of a threat to our national security right now than any country with a border. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

I don't feed into this terrorist stuff. I think its been magnified on the simple fact that they hit a big target (WTC). It doesn't get much bigger than that. Otherwise, we've face the same threats for years. Prior to the its been a domestic 'terrorist' in Oklahoma.

I think China, because they are unpredictable politically and Taiwan, has always been the U.S.'s #1 threat. If they wanted to, they can ally with N. Korea, Iran and possibly russia and run Asia and do whatever they want if they wanted to flex their muscle that way. You're right in the fact that it would be WWIII and game over because it only takes one nut to launch one nuke and we all get to die of cancer.

Dimplomacy is the best way...but Taiwan is a little piece of ass that we've got to keep our eye on, just like Israel...it will get us into fights...just like a woman will.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Larry

They're already allied with Russia (and soon Iran).  It's called the SCO.
More Mahe please.

Father Demon

I wonder if all the people in the entire military of Antigua and Barbuda know each other.....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MURP

rjs246

So we give them some technology. They continue to enrich uranium in secret. Everyone wins!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

Perhaps they actually mean to give them nuclear technology in one 10 megaton shipment.

phillymic2000

Unfarging believable, thats what we get for dealing with China/Russia and the fargin EU :boom Everything right along on line though, we talk cause the UN wants us to, nothing happens to Iran and they get to build nuke's in secret then were screwed. Fargin idiot's

Phanatic

Quote from: phillymic2000 on June 06, 2006, 03:26:24 PM
Unfarging believable, thats what we get for dealing with China/Russia and the fargin EU :boom Everything right along on line though, we talk cause the UN wants us to, nothing happens to Iran and they get to build nuke's in secret then were screwed. Fargin idiot's

...and here I thought the change in US policy had finally isolated Iran and made them play nice with the world. Is your opinion the standard "conservative" buzz or just your reaction?
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

phillymic2000

The change in policy isolated them? made them play nice? how? they laughed at our first proposal and IMO they know the EU and UN are soft. We tied our hands behind our back when we said we would talk with them and China/Russia and the others smacked us in the a$$ and we are just going to take it. So this is my opinion, I do consider myself a conservative on many issues, but this bending over to take it pisses me off. We are acting like a bunch of bitches with Iran.

Geowhizzer