Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Iran to Israel: "You're a fleshpop." Israel to Iran: "No, you're a fleshpop."

Peres says that Iran 'can also be wiped off the map'

Vice Premier Shimon Peres said Monday in an interview to Reuters that "the president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map," Army Radio reported.

According to Peres, "Teheran is making a mockery of the international community's efforts to solve the crisis surrounding Iran's nuclear program."

"Iran presents a danger to the entire world, not just to us," Peres added.

Peres' vehement expressions came the same day that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly wrote to US President George W. Bush proposing "new solutions" to their differences in the first letter from an Iranian leader to an American president in 27 years, government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said Monday.

The letter was sent via the Swiss Embassy in Teheran, which has a US interests section, Elham told a press conference.

In the letter, Ahmadinejad proposes "new solutions for getting out of international problems and current fragile situation of the world," Elham said.

Iran's top nuclear negotiator said Monday that the Iranian president's letter to Bush could create a "new diplomatic opening," but also warned that the letter did not reflect a softening in Iran's position.

Ali Larijani refused to give details of the letter's content, but said, "Perhaps it could lead to a new diplomatic opening. It needs to be given some time."

"There is a need to wait before disclosing the content of the letter, let it make its diplomatic way," Larijani said in an interview with Turkey's NTV television.

Larijani added, however, that the "tone of the letter is not something like softening."
He also warned against any US attack against Iran.

"If they have a little bit of a brain, they would not commit such a mistake," he said. "Iran is not Iraq. Iraq was a weak country, it did not have a legitimate government. Iran is a powerful country."

It is the first time that an Iranian president has written to his US counterpart since 1979, when the two countries broke relations after Iranian militants stormed the US Embassy and held the occupants hostage for more than a year.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MURP

can we atleast put the end of the world on hold until the Eagles actually win a SB.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on May 08, 2006, 02:32:49 PM
can we atleast put the end of the world on hold until the Eagles actually win a SB.

Word.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

As far as Iran making threats I say bring it on bitches!
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Let Israel take care of our light work.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MadMarchHare

The only scenario I can envision that would be worse than US unilateral attack on Iran would be Isreali unilateral attack on Iran.
Anyone but Reid.

hbionic

Quote from: MadMarchHare on May 09, 2006, 12:50:57 PM
The only scenario I can envision that would be worse than US unilateral attack on Iran would be Isreali unilateral attack on Iran.

I'll one up that and say the Neptunians decide to wake from their deep oceanic hibernation and decide to flood the earth...turning it into neptune II...and the only survivors are our beloved submariners and the people at Sea World...which eventually would create 'Neptune World' and turn the Neptunians into carnies and make them do water tricks for the submariners. Fun for the whole world! or what's left of it.

That scenario would pretty much suck...but I'm sure for almost 7 minutes...David Blaine would be able to laugh at everyone in his head because he anticipated this with his show and tried to subtly tell everyone that it usually takes like 6 minutes or so to climb onboard a submarine and no one practied to hold their breath for a long period of time because unfortunately we all thought he was the devil...but it turned out he was the new messiah...he just couldn't straight out tell us what was going to happen.

That makes me think...are the people who tell us to stock up on 'water' really trying to help us live...or help us drown? What a coincidence that 'FEMA' reacted 'slowly' to the Katrina catastrophe that let New Orleans become submerged underwater...frickin Neptunians! :boom
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MURP

hbionic

Frickin Neptunians.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: MURP on May 09, 2006, 04:25:51 PM
Ahmadinejad's letter to Bush

worth a read. 

I read it.

Over/under: Bush read two pages.

I'll take the under.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MadMarchHare

Pfft...Bush can't read.  He went to Yale.
Anyone but Reid.

phillymic2000

Tell me about it, and he got better grades then John Kerry.

phillymic2000

Wow, this guys is calling out Christianity and asking basically what would Jesus Do? when he is spewing straight hatred and claiming he will destroy Israel :paranoid At the end of the letter he says people are turning to the almighty, and they will conquer their problems. I see him meaning all the unrest in countries that have issues with radical muslims. Make no mistake he wants radical Islam to rule the world, and this is just buying time for him and his country to develop the nukes while the UN does their thing and fails again. This is bad and will only get worse, I understand he does not have all the power in his position, but if he was put in as a spokesman for the real power brokers, they are not pulling him back from any of his vicious rants or comments. THe longer we wait the more lives will be lost when this goes down, then the media and others will moan why we waited so long. If we act then why didn't we wait longer for the un and international community to act. It is a lose/lose situation for whoever is in office.

PhillyPhanInDC

More Uranium Reportedly Found in Iran
May 12 11:09 AM US/Eastern
By GEORGE JAHN
Associated Press Writer

VIENNA, Austria

The U.N. atomic agency found traces of highly enriched uranium at an Iranian site linked to the country's defense ministry, diplomats said Friday, adding to concerns that Tehran was hiding activities aimed at making nuclear arms.

The diplomats, who demanded anonymity in exchange for revealing the confidential information, said the findings were preliminary and still had to be confirmed through other lab tests. But they said the density of enrichment appeared to be close to or above the level used to make nuclear warheads.

Still, they said, further analysis could show that the traces match others established to have come from abroad. The International Atomic Energy Agency determined earlier traces of weapons-grade uranium were imported on equipment from Pakistan that Iran bought on the black market during nearly two decades of clandestine activity discovered just over three years ago.

Uranium enriched to between 3.5 percent and 5 percent is used to make fuel for reactors to generate electricity. It becomes suitable for use in nuclear weapons when enriched to more than 90 percent.

Iran's refusal to give up enrichment ambitions has led to involvement by the U.N. Security Council, which has the power to impose sanctions but remains split on how firmly to pressure Tehran.

Key U.N. Security Council members agreed Tuesday to postpone a resolution that would have delivered an ultimatum to Tehran, giving Iran another two weeks to re-evaluate its insistence on developing its uranium enrichment capabilities.

Iran's hard-line president said Friday that his country was not afraid of possible U.S. military action over its enrichment program, but added that he thought any such strikes were very unlikely. Washington has said it favors a diplomatic end to the dispute, but it hasn't ruled out military force.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also told a local TV station that Iran would cooperate with the Security Council if it makes a decision on the escalating standoff as long as the world body acts "in line with international rules."

The Islamic republic denies accusations it wants to make nuclear arms and says it is only interested in uranium to generate power.

To argue that it never enriched uranium domestically to weapons grade, it cites the IAEA's tentative conclusion last year that weapons-grade traces collected from other sites within the country with no suspected ties to that military came in on equipment from Pakistan.

The origin of the samples now under perusal created some concern in that regard.

One of the diplomats told The Associated Press that the samples came from equipment that can be used in uranium-enriching centrifuges at a former research center at Lavizan-Shian. The center is believed to have been the repository of equipment bought by the Iranian military that could be used in a nuclear weapons program.

The United States alleges Iran had conducted high-explosive tests that could have a bearing on developing nuclear weapons at the site.

The State Department said in 2004 that Lavizan's buildings had been dismantled and topsoil had been removed in attempts to hide nuclear weapons-related experiments. The agency subsequently confirmed that the site had been razed.

In an April 28 report to the U.N. Security Council and the IAEA's 35- nation board of governors, agency head Mohamed ElBaradei said the agency took samples from some of the equipment of the former Physics Research Center at Lavizan-Shian. The diplomat said the evaluation of those samples revealed the traces in question.

Ahmadinejad's remarks on possible U.S. military action were made in Jakarta during a discussion with Indonesian Islamic leaders.

Asked whether his country was prepared to face an attack by the United States, he said "that is very unlikely because they know the Islamic Republic of Iran is a strong country."

"They are trying to frighten our country by waging a propaganda campaign using strong words. The people of Iran and the country are not afraid of them," he said to applause from the audience.

The Chinese and Russians have balked at British, French and U.S. efforts to put the resolution under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter. Such a move would declare Iran a threat to international peace and security and set the stage for further measures if Tehran refuses to suspend its uranium enrichment operations. Those measures could range from breaking diplomatic relations to economic sanctions and military action.