JR Reed...updates?

Started by DH, August 01, 2005, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Has anyone heard about JR's status? Is there a shot he plays at all this year?

I feel like his name hasnt been mentioned since he got hurt.

PhillyGirl

He won't play this year, from everything I've read from AR and Burkholder. The nerves need a lot of time to heal.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

QuoteAnd, for the long term, kick returner/defensive back J.R. Reed finally received some good news on the leg he injured while trying to scale a fence at home in the offseason.

''J.R. Reed is making progress with the nerve in his leg,'' Reid said. ''He will not be ready this year, but he's still coming around. Five weeks ago, there was no progress made. Since then, he's made slight progress.''

link

DH

Such a shame. The kid has some skills.

mussa

That pains me. I loved the fire he played with.  Kinda had that hard nose style of returning kicks, almost like B. Mitchell, but faster.  Will be missed this year and i hope he can fully recover.  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Quote from: Die-Hard on August 01, 2005, 12:30:10 PM
Such a shame. The kid has some skills.

imho, it's a shame because he had the skills AND the attitude.  oh well. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Every time I think about this it pisses me off. What an awesome young KO return guy we had. Now cooked by his lack of vertical. Boo.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Quote from: rjs246 on August 01, 2005, 12:41:09 PM
Every time I think about this it pisses me off. What an awesome young KO return guy we had. Now cooked by his lack of vertical. Boo.

:-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

goeagles99

I posted this a few time on the EMB, but one poster told an interesting story in Ask Dave.  He was part of a group touring the NovaCare complex.  As his group was about to leave one area, John Harbaugh and another assistant walked in.  They gladly fielded some questions.  Someone asked about Reed's status (this was back before the Draft).  Harbaugh said that JR had no shot to play this year.  He also made it sound as though Reed was 50-50 at best to ever play again.  Apparently that nerve is very hard to repair and rehab. 

PhillyPhreak54

Hello, ge..how's it goin, bro?

Are you coming up to PA for TC?

goeagles99

Doubtful at this point.  Unfortunately, I had to burn some vacation time helping my sister move.  Don't think I'll be able to take any more time off.  I thought about coming up for a weekend, but I heard that is not the way to go...way too crowded. 

Any chance one of you guys would come down here and kidnap me for a few days?

PhillyPhreak54

I'm always up for a road trip. NC isn't too far of a drive either. I work cheap too. Buy beer and I'll kidnap you and even call in a ransom to your boss.

goeagles99

:-D

I knew you were a good samaritan. 

PhillyPhreak54

We can pick up FastFreddie too. But I'm afraid I don't have FF's favorite song (Pour Some Sugar On Me) in the CD changer....