2019 Flyers - new coach

Started by SD, April 15, 2019, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Do you even Philly sports bro?

Geowhizzer

GF was busy dominating NHL2k that night.

phattymatty

i was up at penn state, they kept the sports bar open like an extra hour or maybe two until they finally forced everyone to leave.  hundreds of us watched through the windows until the end and then all hell broke lose once primeau scored.  you could hear people screaming all up and down beaver canyon. probably the the most memorable non-psu sports moment i ever had up there.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on May 05, 2020, 02:14:36 PM
i was up at penn state, they kept the sports bar open like an extra hour or maybe two until they finally forced everyone to leave.  hundreds of us watched through the windows until the end and then all hell broke lose once primeau scored.  you could hear people screaming all up and down beaver canyon. probably the the most memorable non-psu sports moment i ever had up there.

With the Philly/Pitt split up there, it must have been a near riot.

phattymatty

yeah acme pizza was lit that night.

MDS

i can be real and say i didnt last...and this was back when i watched a ton of flyers

passed out in between the 2nd and 3rd ot's. then the lost to the devils and the next year i wasnt as interested. blame patrick elias.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

everyone has to say they either were at or watched the the whole of any classic game...especially on the internet there is a tremendous fear among many fans that if you didnt you arent a real fan
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

In the locker room after the game, totally wasted, I said, "Boys, we're gonna be talkin' about this one on the internet for decades to come. Hell of a game."

I'm sorry, that's a lie. I wasn't even old enough to drink. I just wanted to seem cool for you guys.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

I had the NHL ticket and taped every game I couldn't watch. This was one of the games I taped. I wouldn't be home until the next morning and, just in case the game went into OT I set the VHS to the slow speed 6 hour record instead of 3 hr. I watched 6 hours of the motherfarger on almost no sleep and the tape ran out lol. But all was good when I saw the replay of the goal, icing on the cake was Primeau beating that greaseball Kasparaitis.

Munson

I can't believe IGY thinks the same like 15-20 people that have been posting here with each other alone without any other person around is still worried about looking cool for each other lol.

I mean, I can maybe think of some classic games I don't think I watched. I feel like when the Phils made that huge comeback on the Mets in the 9th inning (2007?) I think i had turned that off iirc. Might have turned it back on when I saw people in the Phils thread here going nuts about a comeback but I really don't remember. I don't have much of a problem admitting I missed some stuff like that. I know I didn't watch Game 4 of the Flyers series against the Bruins where they eventually came back from the 3-0 series deficit. Not a big game there obviously as Game 7 but I am def liable to check out like that if it seems like there's no chance.

But I def remember staying up late for the 5OT game. I've been a night owl all my life and by that age when summer hit I was already staying up til 3 in the morning after a couple of weeks of no school, so staying up that late wasn't a huge stretch for me. But I was much more into the Flyers back then then i am now.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I don't know why anyone would lie about watching a sporting event on tv. Live?...sure. 90% of Eagles fans over the age of 40 were supposedly at the body bag game.

QB Eagles

I was in upstate NY, the one TV on our dorm floor was permanently on and tuned to ESPN 24/7. National games were my only real chances to watch Philly sports that year and I never missed one, and certainly not a playoff game vs the Pens. Floor was mostly Rags fans but a few of them got invested in the game too due to its freakish nature.

Doubt I'd stay up and watch it now, unless it was a game 7 or in the Finals. 3am isn't normal anymore, hockey doesn't mean as much to me as it did then, and with the internet it's pretty easy to binge highlights or even the whole game the next morning.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on May 06, 2020, 04:47:27 PM
I don't know why anyone would lie about watching a sporting event on tv.

we have the best sports fan in the universe in our midst so all logic bets all off

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

My wife's due date for our daughter was that next day.  I stayed up all night anyway thinking the kid was coming.  She ended up being born June 1st. 

phattymatty

i'm embarrassed that i ever watched hockey at all to be honest.