Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

what does last year have to do with this year? they drafted like shtein. this is a whole new coaching staff...and why does 2 TE sets trump a much more important defense?

because they took a hybrid TE we are all supposed to be grateful they took the best ranked player? cmon--the eagles should be trying to build a team for the future of players they dont have not players they already have

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 26, 2013, 08:45:16 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2013, 08:25:11 PM
Who's to say he's going to be the backup?   Celek isn't exactly Tony Gonzalez, but even if he is the bookend in a two TE set, the Eagles didn't reach for anyone there.  They picked the 34th rated player 35th.  And they picked the guy who sat atop their board at the start of the day.   Again, there are guys I would have preferred there, but whining over that is useless.  They got a good prospect at a fairly important position, especially in Kelly's offense.  They're not going to win much early anyway, so picking the best player available to me is a reasonable decision.

I agree with all of this

Like NE's offense Kelly is going to use a lot of two TE sets. Celek is more of a big lumbering TE...Casey is more of a halfback/TE hybrid and who knows how Kelly is going to use him. Ertz fits his offensive scheme perfectly. They went heavy on D last draft and in free agency, Kelly needs to build the offense in his image. Right now it's a bunch of zesty Reid players.

celek is certainly not a lumbering TE...lumbering tight ends dont get 80 yard touchdowns...celek and ertz have the same 40 time....ertz is in the celek witten class as far as TE's....if you wanna go multi TE sets like NE then you should get athletes like aarron hernandez...theres a guy on florida whos gonna go later jordan reed who fits this model perfectly
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Celek is lumbering for Chip's offense...40 times are great when you're just running straight ahead. Ertz is a much better athlete.

reese125

agree--you can tell just from the blip of video vs oregon that he already moves much better than celek, has a more fluid motion and comes out of his breaks nice...but still...

ice grillin you

hes def a better athlete than celek...he may even be an upgrade one day as a TE....but if he ends up better than celek and thats def an if...it will be a negligible improvement

as stated over and over he has a chance to be a fine player but it was a terrible pick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Passing on all those defensive players for him really hErtz right now...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

So this guy turned out alright.

Who would have ever thunk it?

SD

He's a top 10-15 TE. The contract they just gave him is absurd. He's now the 4th highest paid TE in the NFL.

TE's I'd take over Ertz:
Gronk
Olsen
Reed
Barnridge
Eifert
Kelce
Graham
Walker
Gates

And that's just off the top of my head

PhillyPhreak54

Will you be taking Gates' new knees and wheelchair with him?

Rome

Ertz will have 80-90 catches a season now that the retarded Chipscheme has been sent packing.  Oh, and Bradford loves him so it could be worse to have his favorite target locked up.

SD

80 catches 850 yards...and he can't block for shtein. He blew the first 3/4 of the last two seasons only to turn it on at the end. That's not the type of player you sign for $42 mill

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Quote from: SD on January 25, 2016, 07:00:48 PM
He's a top 10-15 TE. The contract they just gave him is absurd.

He got a two year deal with an $8 mil signing bonus. Even if you think those numbers are dumb, his cap hit is so stupidly low that they're still coming out ahead once they cut Cooper.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I can write $100M on the contract but the guarantee is the only thing that counts.  It's 5 years and $20M.  How is that absurd?