Salary cap league is ON..and still FREE

Started by RomeyRome, July 11, 2003, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomeyRome

I found it, and it is still free.  I will give some info here, and also IM info to anyone who has posted on here.

I highly recommend you give it a try.  It can be the first annual CF Gridiron Challenge.  Or not depending on the interest and the management here on CF. ;)

Group Name:

CFGridiron2K3

Password

whinybastich

;) It really is whiny bastich, for me of course. ;D

A link to the Gridiron main page, sign up there, it is FREE and create your team name and whatever else, then join CFGridiron2K3  (it is under private leagues)
http://games.espn.go.com/gridiron/frontpage

A link to main ESPN.com fantasy football page, where you can find the Gridiron Challenge link on the bottom left side of page.
http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl/frontpage

Zanshin

Sorry...I'm out.  I've got too much going on and I'm already in three ff leagues....

RomeyRome

Good stuff Joneszilla.

I've already got 2 replies counting Zanshin's that have already gotten into too many leagues which is understandable since stupid espn took so long to get this thing going.

I'm tellin you all though, it's a different league/format than the same old "you draft a team and are basically stuck with same players all year long" leagues.  

Give it a try. ;D

Tomahawk

Tomahawk

So will we be able to look at other people's teams or have you sissies not decided on your roster yet?

joneszilla

I already filled out my roster.  Can you see it?

MURP

im in, but somehow it logged an error when i created a name for the league... so im now "entry x xx" or something like that.   not sure how to edit that.  ???

MURP

MURP

is it really that much of a loss to take a zero in points for a guy like Ricky Williams so you can keep him at his low price all year?  I mean, its only one bye week.    :paranoid

RSbirdman22

I'm in...thanks for setting everyone up; it will be a blast knocking them down.  ;)

RomeyRome

lol actions speak louder than poop my friend. ;)

Just so everyone who is considering setting up, here is deadline to sign up.  You can wait until a couple hours before the first game next Thursday to choose team, but sign up by Sunday.

QuoteGame entries will be accepted beginning Friday, August 22, 2003 at approximately 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ending on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at approximately 1:00 p.m. ET.

joneszilla

Quote from: MURP on August 26, 2003, 05:29:58 PM
ok so how do i edit the entry name.  :)

I did the same thing but i fixed it.  Go to your roster.  Click on "Edit Game Settings". You can change it there.

MURP

thanks Joneszilla.

got my roster all ready to go.  This roster is gonna dominate week 1.  You all lose.  Quit now.  Especially Thawk.... i cant believe you have Doug Pederson for your #2 QB week 1!  :o

RomeyRome

Here's the scoring for those who haven't read the rules.  Pay attention to the one in bold for it is different than most leagues and can effect what defenses you pick.  

QuoteScoring System: The Game scoring system is as follows:
All positions points per player (QB, RB, WR, K)

6 pts per rushing, receiving or return TD
4 pts per passing touchdown(TD)
3 pts per field goal (FG) made
2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving 2 pt conversion
1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
1 pt per 25 yards passing
1 pt per extra point (XP) made

Defensive/Special Teams (D)
10 pts for 0 points allowed
7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (note: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
-1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
-4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
-7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
-10 pts for 46+ points allowed
5 pts per team win
3 pts per defensive or special teams TD
2 pts per interception
2 pts per fumble recovery
2 pts per blocked punt, point after touchdown or FG (note: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
2 pts per safety
1 pt per sack

On defense, you get the points for all special teams TDs and when picking a defense note that you get 5 points for the win, so pick accordingly.  It helps a LOT each week when your defense gets a win plus points for the other things they do.