2012 NFL Pick Em Pool

Started by ice grillin you, July 26, 2012, 02:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Rules:

Pick Any Five NFL Games Per Week Against The Spread - Most Pts At The End Of The Year Wins

Scoring System:

Win = 2 point
Push = 1 point

I Will Email The Spreads Each Friday Morning - Thursday Games Will Be Eligible But Obviously Thursdays Lines Will Be Used - Games That Are Off The Board Are Not Eligible To Be Picked

Picks Must Be EMAILED To Me By Midnight Saturday Of Each Week

Money:

$25 Entry Fee Must Be In My Hands Before Labor Day - Your Money Is Your Spot In This Thing - Not An Email or PM - When You Cake Me Off You Are In

Payout:

First Place = $25 x Number Of Participants
Second Place = $15
Last Place = $15 To The Second Place Finisher

I Am Not Sending Out A Mass Fax For This Thing - There Isn't Much Money In This And I Dont Want To Have To Grade 150 Sheets A Week - So I Wouldnt Expect A Lot Of People - My Hope Is 10-20

Notes:

In The Name Of Transparency My Picks Will Obviously Be Posted To All Participants Each Week Before The Start Of The Games

Towards The End Of The Year I Will Email Contending Players Picks To Each Other So That They Can Follow Along

Entry Fee Can Be Mailed To:

Havas
7542 Maiden Head Dr.
Hanover, MD 21076

Be Sure To Include With Your Payment The Email Address You Want Lines And Weekly Results Sent To
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

$25 x the number of participants doesn't allow for a second or last place prize unless you're paying that out of your own pocket.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

last place pays an additonal $15 to second place...in other words its a penalty

rjs246

Ah, I obviously missed that part.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

why is every word in the explanation capitalized?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

this had to have been a copy and paste because i dont think igy has capitalized since he joined

either way this might be the best contest posted in a while

ice grillin you

i wrote it a long time ago and copy and pasted it here

a long time ago i used to run one with over a hundred people in it...used to literally cut the lines out of usa today blow it up on the copier in the office i used to work and then fill out every sheet as picks came in...then have to grade them every week....and then change everyones records for that weeks standings to go out....after a while i couldnt take it anymore...

i wish i could find a program to do it where people could put their own picks in but all pick em pools are set up for every game to be picked...and that is bullshtein...takes no skill to just fill out every game and cross your fingers....this way you target the games you feel strongest about...seperates the real from the fake...aint no women winning this pool

anyway i figured i start a mini version of this again just for shteins and giggles....for all i know there might be three people in it...but no matter if it just me and someone else its still fun to see how well you do over a full season

PoopyfaceMcGee

I like the risk/reward and look forward to barely avoiding last place.

hbionic

I'm a wee todd when it comes to the spread...so...an example is....if Eagles are -7 vs. whomever...and they win by 8, that means they beat the spread, right? And if whomever loses to the Eagles by 7 or less, they also beat the spread?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

I am also not a gambling fool, but I think you are correct.

FF will be along shortly to settle the question, all glory to God.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i am IN so long as there enough people to make this worth my time

so like 5 people.

let me know when you hit a respectable number
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

gonna be way less than five people as i forgot to email it out to anyone....i only posted it here...ff i did get your loot....im willing to do it with just you and if not ill rip up your check and we can continue our normal battle...

otherwise maybe we can get five (or more) from here (igy - ff - jay - hb - wildcard entry)

rjs246

I intended to do this but would prefer more people. In fact I was planning on mailing a check Monday. Happening or not?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on August 18, 2012, 09:37:04 PM
Happening or not?

it was a while back so you may have missed this post...

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 18, 2012, 09:31:39 PM
gonna be way less than five people as i forgot to email it out to anyone....i only posted it here...ff i did get your loot....im willing to do it with just you and if not ill rip up your check and we can continue our normal battle...

otherwise maybe we can get five (or more) from here (igy - ff - jay - hb - wildcard entry)

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.