Concrete Field Online Madden League

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, January 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

We all still on for tonight at 8pm? Guess there will be no 8th player
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

yeah tonight at 8.  i sent a few invites out to people that i know have madden but no one else got back so i guess we're stuck with 7. but anyone can join at any time during the season, they just won't be able to draft their own players.

you guys see this new ultimate team feature that they just updated sometime over the weekend?  seems kinda cool.

mussa

Yeah I started all that last night. Ended up paying money for upgraded cards just cause I had microsoft points and was curious. Its sort of cool, other than the fact that if you pay your team will be better. Basically another way for them to get your money. You can get players who are retired. I got a 2004 Javon Walker, 2003 Roy Williams(barf), 2007 Kris Jenkins.

Just alittle warning. Don't sim any parts of the game. I was killing the Rams and decided to sim the last few minutes of the game because it was boring as hell. Instead of earning 400 coins, it gave me 40 cause I sim'd it. LAME

Excited for this draft tonight. Hope I don't get the 32nd pick!
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

yeah i'm not dropping any money on it but it seems cool.  i beat two dudes online but lost twice to the computer.  the teams they have you start out with are garbage, my starting QB is john parker wilson.

and i'm going to try to get on early tonight if i can but i have an appointment at 6 and might not get back until about 8.  don't freak if i'm 5-10 min. late. 

Zanshin

Looks like the draft order was already set. I'm stuck at 25.

phattymatty

shtein you're right, i'm 29.  

and actually it looks like we can draft on the website if that's any easier. 

Zanshin

Drunkmasterflex

How do you know what position you draft at? And what do you mean by doing the draft on the website. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Yeah I can't get the website to recognize my EA account or gamertag, or at least its not happening as fast as I would like it. I'm just going to sign into the game and do it that way.

mussa

Don't see where they can see the draft position. Must be on that website they are talking about. Post our draft positions if you can guys...

mussa

nevermind, sweet im in.

Sorvok - Cowboys - Pick 4
Zombifacekilla - Eagles - Pick 5  ^-^
SloSteadySqueez - Falcons - Pick 12
Coldasnyte - Buccaneers - Pick 17
Jpeso80 - Giants - Pick 22
Zanshin825 - Panthers - Pick 25
Rickmybars - Saints - Pick 29

mussa

I just saw the draft or goes exactly like fantasy football. After round one, it just goes backwards. So its sort of even that way. Damn it!

PhillyPhanInDC

Don't know what the hell happened. Signed in around 9:00, and wasn't a member of the league. Sent Mussa a message and he sent me the name, Conrete Field, when did it change? I was good yesterday. Any rate, I grabbed the Bucs and jumped in the league, and had no players....I had to draft Josh Freeman at QB.  :-\
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phattymatty

yeah it started off only giving everyone like 15 sec. per pick so everyone got all jacked up and then i had to restart the whole league with 60 seconds for picks.  in my rush i spelled the name wrong, ha.  you can pick any of the open teams, it'll be just as good of a lineup as any of us, if not better.  but the draft is still going, so you probably won't see the teams for a little while. 

Zanshin

Mussa, you get my message about game times? I couldn't tell if it went through...