16-17 Sixers Season Thread

Started by MDS, October 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2017, 10:07:30 PM
Oh well he's a victim of his pops stupidity then and I hope he ends up in a lousy situation

forget the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about with lavar ball (read andrew brandts mmqb article on this if you dont believe me) or the fact that lonzo would be the best fit (and arguably the best player) on the board for the sixers at 3 you wishing ill on an 18 year old victim who has never done anything to you and never done anything in his public life to bother you is on some serious schizoaffective shtein
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Hoping a 19 yr old fails because his dad is an ass is like saying sick kids deserve to die because their parents are poor.

There have been a lot of mentally unhinged takes in here over the years, but this one might be the crème de la crème.

smeags

im all in on Jackson but I wouldn't be upset if they took ball if there.

that said, id take that trade offer if real.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

jacksons about the worst fit they could take there.....the last thing they need is a guy who cant shoot for shtein

hunt

not gonna lie...i barely watch college hoops.  what's a decent nba comparison for jackson?  a longer iggy?  all around skills on both ends but not a shooter?
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

smeags

Quote from: hunt on June 15, 2017, 10:53:29 AM
not gonna lie...i barely watch college hoops. 

same here, I had heard some say his shot can be worked on, but if not then I agree, a no go.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on June 15, 2017, 10:53:29 AM
not gonna lie...i barely watch college hoops.  what's a decent nba comparison for jackson?  a longer iggy?  all around skills on both ends but not a shooter?

thats not a terrible comparison but i think jacksons ceiling is significantly higher

imo hes more offensively gifted than iguodala was in college...neither could shoot but jackson is better in every other facet of the front court

i also think he has a higher ceiling as a defender and its well known how much ive loved iggy as a defender since day one on the sixers...igggy is straight line athletic...meaning hes an incredible square up on the ball defender but not elite at cutting off passing lanes going side to side on pnr's and things like that...to steal an nfl term jackson is more twitchy....for that reason and please dont think im saying he will be this guy in the nba...im just saying coming out of college he is a lot like kwahi

and i dont know this from watching him in college this is strictly what ive read and heard about him....his intangibles are supposedly off the chart in terms of work ethic leadership attitude etc...

taking jackson depends on two things...how much you value fit over player and if you think he will ever develop a shot...i dont know enough about his mechanics and if they can be changed and coached up to improve his shooting but i do know that its very rare for a terrible college shooter to become a good one in the pros and if he doesnt ever shoot then hes a really bad fit for the sixers

Sgt PSN

I've seen a lot of Jackson. I love his overall game. His shot is def suspect but dude is a pure athlete.  He's a really good team guy and works his ass off on D.  And he don't take shtein from women, so that's a plus.

It's definitely a coin flip as to how well he'd mesh with the Sixers.  I wouldn't hate the pick at all, but I'd definitely prefer a player with less question marks in terms of shooting ability and compatability.

phattymatty

he loves his teammates so much that he keyed his boy's girlfriends car after they got into a little fight.

he's a bitch boy.

ice grillin you

iverson had the greatest intangibles in basketball history and he was practically angelic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2017, 09:12:42 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2017, 10:07:30 PM
Oh well he's a victim of his pops stupidity then and I hope he ends up in a lousy situation

forget the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about with lavar ball (read andrew brandts mmqb article on this if you dont believe me) or the fact that lonzo would be the best fit (and arguably the best player) on the board for the sixers at 3 you wishing ill on an 18 year old victim who has never done anything to you and never done anything in his public life to bother you is on some serious schizoaffective shtein

lol yeah, whatever.

I don't like him or his father. Sue me.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
iverson had the greatest intangibles in basketball history and he was practically angelic

I respect smashing a chair over dudes head more than keying someone's car.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 15, 2017, 09:48:27 AM
Hoping a 19 yr old fails because his dad is an ass is like saying sick kids deserve to die because their parents are poor.

There have been a lot of mentally unhinged takes in here over the years, but this one might be the crème de la crème.

Please

Saying I hope he fails in the NBA and is sent to some shtein hole city is not bad. I said the same thing about the Eli thing when that was going down because of the while pouting about going to SD.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 15, 2017, 01:27:00 PM

i prefer to put all 17 year olds in a blender and feed them to the homeless

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2017, 01:52:57 PM
Quote from: phattymatty on June 15, 2017, 01:27:00 PM

i prefer to put all 17 year olds in a blender and feed them to the homeless